ACR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally was able to get out and zero my ACR today, or at least the Meprolight M21 I put on it. I left my front sight adjustment tool at home so I couldn't zero the irons. I guess I'll just have to go back next week ;) I only put 20 rounds through it (15 to zero and the other five I just sent downrange), but so far I really like this weapon. Last night I took it apart for the first time to clean and lube. I like how easy it is to disassemble and put back together, and everything seems really intuitive. Comparing it to my ARX-100, Bren 805, AR's and AK74's, I prefer my ACR right now. When aliens invade, it'll be my go to SHTF rifle :p

·
Registered
5 Posts
I finally was able to get out and zero my ACR today, or at least the Meprolight M21 I put on it. I left my front sight adjustment tool at home so I couldn't zero the irons. I guess I'll just have to go back next week ;) I only put 20 rounds through it (15 to zero and the other five I just sent downrange), but so far I really like this weapon. Last night I took it apart for the first time to clean and lube. I like how easy it is to disassemble and put back together, and everything seems really intuitive. Comparing it to my ARX-100, Bren 805, AR's and AK74's, I prefer my ACR right now. When aliens invade, it'll be my go to SHTF rifle :p
New ACR owner here, first rifle, New to guns as well.

How do you zero?

·
Registered
735 Posts
This:

You can do the same with a red dot/other optic: 3 smooth supported (I use a bipod on a table) shots, find group center, adjust sights/optic accordingly (up, down, left or right) until you are on the bullseye repeatedly. Basically, 50 yards/meters = 200 yd/m and 25m = 300m (approximately), so decide what you want to zero your rifle for and leave it, knowing you may have to make minor adjustments if you need to shoot something different.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts