ACR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From Bushmaster, maybe.

Dana at Templar Precision just announced the Scythe upper (with a few pre-order options of different trunnions), so they're one step closer to doing it all themselves.
I saw that I am excited for it hopefully they work on bolts and bolt carriers soon. It would be nice if they made the whole system.

· Registered
780 Posts
Meanwhile, competition arises:

· Registered
218 Posts
Meanwhile, competition arises:
Competition has already risen. It is adopted by LE and military forces and is on its 3rd Gen. It is called the SIG MCX.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

· Registered
229 Posts
My buddy bought a SIG MCX and he still likes my ACR better. The only rifle he likes more is his tuned Radian AR and I can see why. He has the Radian tuned perfectly with an adjustable piston gas block and weighted buffer, there's very little felt recoil and nearly zero muzzle climb. I liked it so much I ended up getting a superlative arms adjustable gas block along with a JP silent capture buffer spring system and it greatly improved one of my rifles.

The downside to the ACR is a non-tunable piston gas block. If Dana or Marvin could come up with an adjustable gas piston system then it would be an even better rifle. They're designed to fire just about any factory ammunition available. My ACR shoots best with some 62 grain rounds but I'd like an adjustable gas block to tune it. Dana has shaved some weight off the ACR BCG which I hear helps.

The Jakl has a 4 position gas block which will give the user some adjustability for tuning. It's still a fairly proprietary rifle, like the ACR, so the availability of tuning parts is limited compared to an AR.

Hopefully Bushmaster, Templar, or Franklin release an updated, V3, version of the rifle. It's not like there was much to improve on. I'm on the fence about ordering a Templar Scythe upper. I really like how he designed it but the scarcity of replacement parts means I'd have to cannibalize my ACR to build a new rifle with the Templar parts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts