ACR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I own an ACR. I currently have the non-enhanced model with the enhanced hand guard. It is a fun little gun... Anyway I like the rifle except for the trigger. Is there a nice smooth 2-4lb trigger with minimal reset that is made for the ACR? I hope so.

·
Super Moderator
4,707 Posts
geissele ssa-e, but its spendy, i was using a rra stage 2 nm but after a couple thousand of rounds it turns into a single stage... as people say the geissele is a category of its own

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
geissele ssa-e, but its spendy, i was using a rra stage 2 nm but after a couple thousand of rounds it turns into a single stage... as people say the geissele is a category of its own
I was gonna get the SSA. how much of a difference does the SSA-E make?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
SSA. It's the best, by far, duty/service rifle trigger I've ever used. Two stages and very nice. $170 or so at Bravo Company, maybe a little pricey compared to other units but once you install it and shoot it you won't care. My $.02 anyways.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Do you still have to bend the spring on it a bit to make it install properly? I seem to remember that from a while back. But I couldn't remember if that was a part that could just be used from the factory trigger.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I just used the issue ACR spring. It may change the pull of the trigger slightly but it's not a big deal.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I just used the issue ACR spring. It may change the pull of the trigger slightly but it's not a big deal.
Great. I'll have to do just that.

·
Registered
138 Posts
yea, i think the geissele website still says use your original hammer spring for the super acr(the trigger MADE for the acr)...which is funny...i have a geissele 3-gun trigger...i used to have a ssa on my lwrc...the 3-gun is my favorite now hands down, but i like the "dynamic" square trigger...just replaced my 1911 trigger with a square as well...anyway, the difference between the ssa and 3-gun IMO is huge...trigger pull is almost the same as my handgun...which carries over pretty nicely when doing transitions...the reset is nothing...but to each his own....

·
Registered
683 Posts
I have a Geissele Super Three gun in my ACR, and I love it. I modified the spring to work with the ACR. I have a Timney single stage in my LWRC which is nice, however I feel that the Geissele is a better product.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
I'm probably going to get the giessel designed for the car

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello
Just put the super ACR trigger in from Geissele. Dropped in pretty easy and as I only have been able to dry fire it, I can’t say that it helps my shooting. However it feels great. My original trigger had a nice break but felt heavy like what you would expect from a combat style rifle.
http://geissele.com/superacr.aspx

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Just installed my new Geissele SSA. I friggin LOVE it! It's just right. It took me about an hour to install. That was mostly due to constant family interruptions. I hadn't ever changed an AR trigger.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just ordered a SSA-E a couple days ago. I have timneys in all my other ARs. This will be my first time using a Geissele. I cant wait to compare.

·
Super Moderator
4,707 Posts
I just ordered a SSA-E a couple days ago. I have timneys in all my other ARs. This will be my first time using a Geissele. I cant wait to compare.
i have the same trigger in both of my acr's, and its great! i've never shot a timney though

·
Registered
359 Posts
I just installed a dynamic 3 gun in my AR carbine. I'm also gonna pick up a high speed match DMR 2 stage, install it in my AR rifle and see if I want a 2 stage or single stage in the ACR. So far I'm lovin' the single stage 3 gun trigger in my AR carbine.

·
Mod Squad
1,892 Posts
I've only shot a two stage in an m1a. Im choosing one for my bull barrel ar. I looked again last night and it looks like I got just under 1 moa with pmc bronze using my 3x Eotech setup. Figured a good trigger will help. Eventually ill find a single stage for the acr. A good single stage is planned for the acr. It needs a different muzzle break first. But that's got to be pinned and welded here. Anyone ever use the straight triggers rather than the curved ones?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just put in a Geissele Super 2 Stage (S2S). $125 seemed a good compromise when I looked at the trigger pull graphs. Not much difference between the SSA-E and the S2S:

S2S: 2.5-2.75 lbs to .085" and then a break at 4.75lbs at .095"
SSA-E: 2.0-2.25 lbs out to .085" and then 3.5lbs at .09"

No trigger graphs for the Super ACR but 3.0-3.5 lbs for 1st stage and 1-1.5 lbs for second stage for total pull weight of ~4.5 lbs. Not much different than the S2S and twice the price. Not sure if it's going to make a $125 worth of a difference. I didn't use the stock Geissele hammer spring, just used the stock ACR hammer spring. Most of the posts I read said to use the ACR hammer spring and without data on the Geissele hammer spring, I wasn't willing to risk using it. The stock ACR trigger breaks at 6.5 lbs so I got about a 2 lb improvement. I haven't tried the SSA-E but a total pull weight of 3.5 lbs might be a little too light for my liking.

At the range today, the weapon shot fantastic and the smoothness of the trigger was very noticeable. I was most impressed with rapid fire. Seemed I could get off many more rounds rapid fire than before.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts