ACR Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides what is already slated to come out for the ACR (folding stocks, hand guards, different barrels, different lower), what accessories do you want to see for the ACR? Here is my list:

• [li]As for barrels, I want a 1/7 twist HBAR like barrel.[/li]
    [li]On the same subject, a 5.45x39 barrel[/li]
    [li]Spare "gas block" or piston assembly. I want this so I can smith a custom barrel and run whatever caliber any other AR can.[/li]
    [li]Different gas regulators and regulator blanks[/li]
    [li]Fully Ambidextrous charging handle[/li]
    [li]A lower that allows for AR grips[/li]
    [li]A stock block for allowing AR stocks[/li]
    [li]Different length gas systems[/li]

Some of the stuff might seem sill, but oh well, I will take what I can get.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Main thing I want/ I think is needed for the ACR is a lite barrel. The thing is really front heavy, a lite barrel would almost fix that. Another thought is to make the wrench removable, also reducing the front weight. I mean I am probably never gona change the barrel in the field, most likely it will be at home or at the range were I can have the handy wrench in my bag.

·
Registered
13 Posts
No offense, first post myself, know a guy the has a ACR and he said the same thing, but I think if you took some weight off the front end it would have more recoil than the manufacuer wanted. I imagine they have quite a bit of money into r and d and such.

Myself, yeah....

Think Im sold on the ACR, gonna make a offer at a shop that has not had much luck selling theirs. I think 19 $100 bills might make a buy, Im not sure, but hey itd be a deal.

Rather have the enhanced, but....yeah more money......

Man the wife is going to be pissed

·
Registered
8 Posts
I like the rebate idea!
5.45 cal change. We've already spend 2k plus for the gun we don't need .75-1.50 a round calibers.
chris

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
- The ability to purchase the gas system parts for custom barrels, both mid length and carbine lengths.
- Shorter basic handguard for the 10.5" barrels.
- Better gas regulator setting for suppressed use. Currently it bleeds too much pressure for mine to run M193 with an M41K.

ETA:

- Magpul to produce some rail covers (XTM and ladders) and a few other of their accessories in coyote.
- Somebody to come up with a mod to install the original Masada front sight housing. ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
A selection of barrels, at different calibers, twists, and lengths. Just start selling them and I may buy them all.

I look at the ACR as a "Barbie doll", the doll is just the beginning, it is the clothes that make it. (or GI Joe ;))

Trigger packs, stocks, foregrips. and anything else that allows you to customize it for your preferences.

I am very excited at the possibilities.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes. That sounds about right. A Barbie in waiting.
Look at mine. You can see she's just waiting for accesories.
I have money. Now if they would just start making them.
I want an additional caliber or two.
I'll be getting a folding stock soon.

·
Registered
5 Posts
HOW ABOUT A NICE 3LBS MATCH TRIGGER! We tried to install a Giesele trigger and it wouldn't work. I called Bob Giesele and he said he knew that a stock AR trigger would not work & he might be coming out with something later on. A nice American Gold Trigger "Drop-in would be nice! The hiccup is the plastic safety! If anyone has made this wrk let me know how you did it. My Gunsmith was a ex-Green Beret Armour and he said it wasn't SAFE! 8)

The safety needs to be replaced with a REAL Metal type AR Style Safety and not that Plastic piece of S--T! The Remington ACR I've seen had a Metal Safety.

What about some SS Fluted Barrels in different Twists?

Gary
Class 3 Tactical

·
Registered
17 Posts
10.5" and 14.5" 5.45x39mm barrels, lightweight profile
12" 3-rail handguard
a lower that's compatible with AR-15 grips or MIAD grip backstraps
QD sockets with stops to keep the sling from getting twisted
a resonably sized, not overly bulky mag funnel
provision for carrying a cleaning rod for poking out stuck cases and pushing out the gas piston - could probably store a segmented rod in the stocks
smaller safety lever for the right side

I had initially thought I would need a more adjustable gas block, but it seems to run everything pretty well, so that seems to be unnecessary, at least without a suppressor.

·
Registered
12 Posts
1x7 LW barrel
Vented aluminum handguard off the Remington version
better/lower profile ambi-selector, preferably metal
rifle length MOE style handguards

1 - 14 of 14 Posts