ACR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed on my ACR ( please forgive me I do not know what this part is called) the square part near the breach. The brass is scrapping away the finish on it and leaving an awkard metallic streak on it. Does anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yea even when mine was Brand New from the recall there was some brass deposited on the shell deflector from BM firing it. I wouldn't worry too much about it that's what that piece was meant to do

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
I have noticed on my ACR ( please forgive me I do not know what this part is called) the square part near the breach. The brass is scrapping away the finish on it and leaving an awkard metallic streak on it. Does anyone else have this problem?
"Brass Deflector" :)

Just a follow up, it is a scarificial piece made to take a beating so the aluminum receiver doesn't. After just over 3k rounds thru mine, the deflector has some good ware on it inside the ejection port. It's normal. The brass colored streaks can be cleaned off with solvent if neccesary.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
you mean the battles between the rifles and the paper targets?

·
Registered
2,790 Posts

Anybody else getting brass on the serial numbers like mine,ive been through idk how many thousands of rounds of xm193,855,856 .556.I was almost tempted to market a new shell deflector.but maybe is just happening to me n nobody else?
Picture didn't come thru.....

I have not had any brass marks that far back, but the front and bottom rear of the ejection port is seeing some ware (dings) My rifle doesn't really care for XM193, but gobbles up everything else. It's favorite has been LC855 and Black box AE 223.

·
Registered
299 Posts
tannerite is also fair game!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts