ACR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fo some reason when I bought the LaRue High Mount I though it would absolute co witness
with the Magpul BUS. But they are in the lower art of the optic.
It is workable, but I did plan on upgrading the Magpul BUS for some better BUIS.
I have the Magpul BUS on 2 other rifles.

Are there some good BUIS that will absolute co witness with the Micro H1 on a LaRue High Mount? I like the sight picture of the HK style front sights.

Thanks

·
Mod Squad
4,526 Posts
A far as I know, there are two heights for BUIS, standard height (for M4's, ACR's...) and micro height (for XCR's, HK416's). I believe if you want an absolute co-witness and NOT sacrifice your cheek weld, you're going to have to get the lower mount.

Will LaRue not swap you for a mid height?

Personally I like the 1/3 co-witness as it leaves more of the sight picture through the optic uncluttered.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
A far as I know, there are two heights for BUIS, standard height (for M4's, ACR's...) and micro height (for XCR's, HK416's). I believe if you want an absolute co-witness and NOT sacrifice your cheek weld, you're going to have to get the lower mount.

Will LaRue not swap you for a mid height?

Personally I like the 1/3 co-witness as it leaves more of the sight picture through the optic uncluttered.
+1

It's the only workable way, you need the lower mount. Below is shortcut to product page for absolute co-witness mount from larue:

http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=475

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Yeah I think I will just stick with what I have for now. Might just need to get use to the 1/3 co witness.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
The lower 1/3 will grow on you, after awhile you won't notice the difference.

Troy micros and a T1 in a LaRue HK height mount. 'nuff said. ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
The lower 1/3 will grow on you, after awhile you won't notice the difference.

Troy micros and a T1 in a LaRue HK height mount. 'nuff said. ;)
That is the combo I went with. I like it. Plus I got a few free bumper stickers, Dillo Rub, and a Dillo Beverage Entry Tool with my order. Great Customer Service! Can't go wrong with Larue, and Troy sights are bomb proof.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
That is the combo I went with. I like it. Plus I got a few free bumper stickers, Dillo Rub, and a Dillo Beverage Entry Tool with my order. Great Customer Service! Can't go wrong with Larue, and Troy sights are bomb proof.
If we get enough converts we should start a cult.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kinda old, but I ended up getting the Larue LT751 mount to absolute co-witness the Magpul BUS.

I'm now wondering how the Troy Micros would look with this set-up. Thinking switch to a set-up where I can leave the MBUS up but not clutter the sight picture, although I think most of that would be fixed with just some better sights.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Try a Knights T1 mount. They're adjustable for height (uses spacers) and QD.

Old design on the left, new design on the right.

-T

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Kinda old, but I ended up getting the Larue LT751 mount to absolute co-witness the Magpul BUS.
Do you have any pics? I'm still leaning on ACOG but as the funding approaches fruition, I'm also considering a T1 with a 3x behind it. If the 3x had better eye relief and/or more magnification, it would more seriously challenge.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I run a Micro T-1 with the LaRue absolute co-witness mount (LT751) with an Aimpoint 3x mounted with a LaRue Tactical QD Pivot Mount LT755-30S (Similar to the T model, but shorter (1.58 inches if I remember right and about the same height as the Aimpoint Twist Mount.) You also have to order it through the phone since the S model isn't on the website and was about $159 with shipping for just the mount. The eye relief isn't the best, but you get used to it and it works pretty slick.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Sounds great. Have any pics?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'll get some pics up soon once I have a chance. I just installed a BattleComp 2.0 last night and I am off to the range to test it out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well I gave it 120 rounds. It definitely removed almost all of the the vertical rise, however it seemed to translate most of the movement to the right which significantly reduced my accuracy on quick follow up shots. I think I may have twisted the BC on slightly beyond 6 o'clock, but only by maybe a 16th of an inch (If you were looking down the barrel it is slightly to the left nearer to 7 o'clock if that makes sense). This is my first experience using a muzzle brake, does anyone know if I should have it slightly to the other side to compensate for the sharp right recoil? FYI It originally moved up and to the right when I had the AAC Blackout Hider attached.

I will do a full review on the BattleComp in another thread once I have this figured out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Alright... Re-clocked and baked the BattleComp... Going out for round 2 in a bit. The girlfriend has the camera so I couldn't take pics yet.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
No cell phone?? lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
The camera on my phone sucks. Well I tested the BattleComp again and this time I was a little bit all over the place instead of a constant move to the right, but it still didn't rise and this time I felt like I had faster follow up shots (even faster than just the AAC Blackout) so I am not sure what to think about that... I have some friends coming over to shoot on Sunday so I think I am going to run it through them to get their impression. As I said this is my first experience with a muzzle brake so it is possible it is just me physically compensating even though I was trying not to. Full write up still to come.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts