ACR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Holy shiite. At least mine is back in the shop with them for something else and this will get taken care of too.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Yea, I had a slight problem with that occurring with one type of ammo. I contribute to soft primers. But seeing this, my rifle will be off to Bushmaster for a check up.

Thanks for the heads up VB!!

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I had some minor issues that I was going to have addressed in the future. Guess I have no reason not to send it back now.

Thanks and welcome ;)

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Well, I called BFI today ref the recall. Was on hold for only 36mins. Very polite gentleman completed the process in 3 mins. Recieved shipping label email 1 hour later.

Now I got to pack it up and send it off. Fairly painless so far.

·
Forum Vassal
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[quote author=cjt50 link=topic=200.msg1147#msg1147 date=1287454243]
Well, I called BFI today ref the recall. Was on hold for only 36mins. Very polite gentleman completed the process in 3 mins. Recieved shipping label email 1 hour later.

[/quote]

Please keep us updated on the timeline. I'd like to know what turn around time is.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
[quote author=Suburban link=topic=200.msg1149#msg1149 date=1287460364]
So do they want you to ship the whole rifle back? Interstate shipping of firearms can be a hassle.
[/quote]

Yes they do, I ask the same question when I called and he didn't hesitate saying to ship the whole thing back. I even asked about stock and handguard, he said again, please ship whole rifle back.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
So do they want you to ship the whole rifle back? Interstate shipping of firearms can be a hassle.
[/quote]

Pack it up in a non-descriptive box, take it to the FedEx hub or schedule a pick-up, and you're done. BM does most of the work and pays for it with the RMA.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Not sure about all states, but in Florida they can sent it directly back to you. To and from the manufactor for repair is legal.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
ok cool. lol currently on Hold and the official time is....46:06 if i have to hear moonlight Sonata one more time im gonna punch a kitten! and i wanna punch the automated voice that says please continue to hold a representative will be with you MOMENTARILY! Momentarily My ass!!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
[quote author=DSM link=topic=200.msg1151#msg1151 date=1287487725]
[/quote]

Pack it up in a non-descriptive box, take it to the FedEx hub or schedule a pick-up, and you're done. BM does most of the work and pays for it with the RMA.
[/quote]

Per federal law, you must declare to the shipper that there is a firearm in the package. Then they usually want to go get the manager, and/or see that the gun isn't loaded, and that there's no ammunition in the package. Sounds innocent, but is difficult to do discretely when there is a line of impatient people in line behind you. The pick-up people will probably tell you that you need to go to the depot if you are not a licensed dealer. There is information on the FAQ pages of the UPS and FedEx websites, and there used to be other websites with information on shipping firearms.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a couple questions for anyone who already contacted BM about this recall.

1. Are all ACRs being recalled or does BM ask you for the serial number and tell you if its on the recall list?

2. Should I remove the MOE rails I put on the MOE handguard before sending mine in? I'm afraid they might not come back to me.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
They Said they are calling ALL rifles back as a precaution!!

and i asked the same thing they said send the rifle as is Minus any sights or optics you have

EDIT: I'm not going to send my magazine

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
[quote author=V.B. link=topic=200.msg1148#msg1148 date=1287454519]
[quote author=cjt50 link=topic=200.msg1147#msg1147 date=1287454243]

[/quote]

Please keep us updated on the timeline. I'd like to know what turn around time is.
[/quote]

FraternityRogues Time line

Oct 18:

11:01 am-called BM and was on Hold
11:46 am-BM finally answered took my information and Sent my info to fedex label maker
12:23 pm-Fedex Label Came Through
1:15 pm-Printed out label and bought box and packing supplies
1:52 pm-Rifle Packed and leaving the house to drop off box for last pick up

now we play the waiting game..... :p :p :p

1 - 20 of 126 Posts