ACR Forum banner
101 - 114 of 114 Posts
oif i know how you feel, that and they only let you shoot 58 rounds if you qualify the first time, unless you are on a detail

i'm thinking of upgrading to either a vortex viper or nightforce, but the acog still holds its own pretty well, i'm thoroughly impressed with the accuracy of this rifle out that far, maybe i just got lucky on my 2 acr's

and tack thats a hard decision, at 300 meters my holdover plus the chevron was almost blocking my whole target, i could faintly see the top and bottom of the steel, i've always wanted a ta31h, so that would be my vote, its less busy if you are reaching out, the chevron blocks alot between the 100-200 meter range with a small plate, on a human sized target its a completely different story

The chevron blocking alot at distance is a good point. You may not always get the full human size either. I've seen one with the yellow chevron for sale at a local shop for about $700 but its meant for a carry handle so im not sure about getting a different mount for it. And im not a fan of the place. That money would be a good deposit on a different model. One day ill get one. I don't want only 1 acr.

Correct. It had the contour along the bottom to fit in the carry handle and the nub for the hole. I think I found an adapter plate from trijicon but im not sure. I figure if I get an acog I better get the right one the first time anyway.

Meant for a carry handle? Are you saying it didn't come with the picatinny base mount then?

I think one of the best ACOG reticles I've ever seen was the one used in the current ECOS.
My 01NSN has a similar reticle, but only set up out to 600. Why would you ever try to use a 5.56 beyond that?

Attachments

Correct. It had the contour along the bottom to fit in the carry handle and the nub for the hole. I think I found an adapter plate from trijicon but im not sure. I figure if I get an acog I better get the right one the first time anyway.
Every ACOG I've ever seen was made that way (for a carry handle) and had to be inserted and secured into a picatinny base.

What I like about the ECOS reticle is the lighted area is a circle and you can still use the stadia for aiming. Presented quickly, you can use the lighted circle as a "red dot".

i want an eotech 4x magnifier bad, i dont know why they discontinued them.. once i get one i'm gonna try to run my 10.5" out as far as ittl go effectively, i think my next upgrade for the acog is a larue mount.

i want an eotech 4x magnifier bad, i dont know why they discontinued them.. once i get one i'm gonna try to run my 10.5" out as far as ittl go effectively, i think my next upgrade for the acog is a larue mount.
I just sold one a few months ago...much better then the round ones but they didn't offer a quick flip feature just detach

i was wondering if they had a fts mount, that really sucks that they dont

Yeah I remember seeing it and wanted the fts capability with 4x. I saw a tri power in person today a guy was trading in. I didn't get excited about it but may pick it up if I can get a good deal on it. Ill go back next week and see what they're asking for it.

I have several ACOGs, two TA44's, one with the green circle dot and one with the red, and a TA31RCO-M4. I have also had the TA33GH. For me, the 1.5x of the TA44 is good for most of my 'situations'. The TA31 is ok but I really dislike the 4x magnification up close, which is why I am trying to sell it and why I don't like the 3x TA33.

My favorite optic right now is the TR24G Accupoint with German #4 crosshair. That's what I use for 3 gun and other competitions and it is very quick and I can pretty easily engage 20" targets at 500 (if it isn't too windy ;) ). The weight is an issue with the TR24 however. That is why I keep coming back to the TA44, lightweight with slight magnification.

101 - 114 of 114 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.