ACR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am determined to like my ACR and want to change the trigger, while the Geissele look tempting is it that much better than the RRA route some have gone?

If I wanted to install the RRA anyone have a part number of what to use? Is it a simple installation?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I am determined to like my ACR and want to change the trigger, while the Geissele look tempting is it that much better than the RRA route some have gone?

If I wanted to install the RRA anyone have a part number of what to use? Is it a simple installation?

Thanks
This is the one that everyone is using from Rock River:
http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=434

The 1st one in the list, (part# AR0093NMK)

Installation is straight forward if you use one of the original springs, (dont remember which, hammer or trigger, the one that holds the safety detent.)

If you are comfortable changing an AR trigger, this is basically the same.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had a Giessle SSA in mine. All I hdo was reuse the original hammer spring. Worked like a charm for 500 or so rounds. Same price as the RRA, but without the reliability issues. (The RRA's have a habit of turning into single stage triggers after extensive use.) Took it out and put it in my AR when I shipped the ACR back last week.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I had an RRA in mine for awhile but then upgraded to a Geisselle and haven't looked back. For $170 it is an awesome trigger to the point that I'm gonna get a couple more for the AR's. The RRA is nice but that Geisselle really is something else.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I had an RRA in mine for awhile but then upgraded to a Geisselle and haven't looked back. For $170 it is an awesome trigger to the point that I'm gonna get a couple more for the AR's. The RRA is nice but that Geisselle really is something else.
I have been waiting to hear something like that. Sold.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Did you use the original hammer spring, or put the bend in the Geisselle offering?

·
Mod Squad
1,892 Posts
I just picked up a rock river national match 2 stage. The price was right for $80. I got it with the intent of putting it in my target ar then passing it on to the acr. I tried one out in the store and it seemed ok. My ar doesn't get used a whole lot. Only precision work and reloading experiments. Its pretty accurate and I've wanted a trigger.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I picked up a JP reduced power spring set. All fit except for the hammer spring, I tried bending the JP but it was too short and wouldn't stay in the notch. The other springs helped a little, maybe 1# or so.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts