ACR Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
A little trimming on the case of the CMC will get it to fit properly. As for the safety / spring you can cut an milspec ar hammer spring. done a few so far for myself and friends.... been running one for about a year and a half now.
I would like to see some detailed pictures of this. Seems like the potential for failure is greatly increased by "a little modification". You says its been working working fine for a year and half, but what kind of round count are you talking? 1,000 rds or 10,000 rds?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would like to see some detailed pictures of this. Seems like the potential for failure is greatly increased by "a little modification". You says its been working working fine for a year and half, but what kind of round count are you talking? 1,000 rds or 10,000 rds?
I would say the potential for any additional failure is ZERO. The CMC trigger geometry etc is in no way modified. the metal housing around it is cut to clear the safety detent lever, and a secondary "dog leg" spring is installed on the same pin as the trigger to act as the longer spring for the safety dent.

Here's a link to FB with the Images posted.. hopefully you can see it.

https://www.facebook.com/michael.ueland/media_set?set=a.10221521646580498&type=3

I don't have a great way to post the pics on here, but if you want to email shoot me a message there, Id be more then happy to shoot em over to ya. (same offer extended to anyone else)

Michael Ueland

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Very easy just built a new group with Templar's skeleton box and a Super ACR. Do wish Geissele or someone would include a hammer spring since BM is gone, or at least offer an accessory with the bend for a true drop in. Using a regular AR though may switch my ACR hammer spring from the stock box. Also want to try out a stronger AR hammer spring.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Very easy just built a new group with Templar's skeleton box and a Super ACR. Do wish Geissele or someone would include a hammer spring since BM is gone, or at least offer an accessory with the bend for a true drop in. Using a regular AR though may switch my ACR hammer spring from the stock box. Also want to try out a stronger AR hammer spring.
too use a normal AR hammer spring you just have to bend the leg a bit to feed into the safety detent lever. Alternatively I believe Fernilab makes a new safety detent lever that allows the use of an unmodified AR hammer spring. I just reused the stock one when i picked up a Geissele Super Tricon

41 - 49 of 49 Posts