ACR Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
as the years have gone by I have found that just about every rifle I own including my acr has gotten the Geissele triggers! I even got a kac 2-stage recently only to sell it to fund a Geissele! The break on it was not like one I already have in my pre-ban colt. It pissed me off enough that I let it go, spent less on a new Geissele SSA anyways! I have to agree with the above, nothing better than them "g" triggers, there just so damn consistent!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hopefully with the election this week AND Veteran's Day, we'll see some good deals and maybe I can pick up a Geissele on sale!

·
Registered
121 Posts
@mikes2103 - the only difference is that there's a slight little bend in one of the legs of the hammer spring which engages the safety retention/detent plate. You can add this bend to any AR trigger. Protip: less is more. Bend it too much and it'll want to jump out of its slot on the retaining plate.

For what it's worth, the stock trigger in my ACR was *very* clean. Short travel, no grit, clean sharp break, very little over-travel for an AR-15 style trigger. Only complaint was the weight - it felt like a 9 or 10 pound pull. Swapped it out for a geissele SSA-E trigger and haven't looked back ^_^ Those things are FANTASTIC!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Try a Rock River Arms 2-stage. They're like $85 and really quite good. I haven't tried one in my ACRs personally, but they look like they should fit and work ok.
I can confirm they work. For the price they can't be beat. I'm sure there are better triggers out there but I'm too cheap to spring for them.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I can confirm they work. For the price they can't be beat. I'm sure there are better triggers out there but I'm too cheap to spring for them.
I've been running one for years in my Rock River 6.8 AR-15 and it's been great. No complaints at all.
(I probably said that last time we talked about this trigger on this forum.)

·
Premium Member
4,711 Posts
I liked the RRA triggers but after around 1000 rounds on my hk416 and Acr both it went from a 2 stage trigger to a single stage trigger. It still felt good but it definitely lost the 2 stage feel. I got tired of swapping them for new so I went to a Geissele and it’s worked since. This was like 9 years ago so it probably has been fixed since then.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I liked the RRA triggers but after around 1000 rounds on my hk416 and Acr both it went from a 2 stage trigger to a single stage trigger. It still felt good but it definitely lost the 2 stage feel. I got tired of swapping them for new so I went to a Geissele and it’s worked since. This was like 9 years ago so it probably has been fixed since then.
I have heard other people mention that they don't wear as well or hold up long term like the Geissele triggers. I have Geissele SSA triggers in both my ACRs and they're fantastic. Though my oldest one has started to feel softer. The break is not as crisp as it once was and there's a touch of creep just before it breaks. But that's after about 7,000 rounds, so I'm not complaining.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts