ACR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you are all aware, there was a problem with my hosting provider and a complaint from a member here on the forum who did not understand how to unsubscribe from thread notifications and rather than contact the admins who could have helped him in a few minutes.

So as a result, I had to go through hell and back to get the forum back up and running normal.

The person has not nor will not be banned or punished. Lesson learned.

However, in my attempt to send an email to that person who complained, I accidentally sent an email to a few others. So if you received that email and you know for a fact you did nothing of the sort, then please disregard my email. I know it was not you.

As a result of all this and in an effort to prevent anything like this in the future, I have manually unsubscribed EVERYONE from EVERY thread. If you were subscribed to a particular forum, then that has not been changed. I understand that many of you like the thread notification feature. However, I'm sure you can understand why I did what had to be done.

Please feel free to subscribe to ay thread you choose to. However, if you do not wish to receive notifications in the future, please go to User CP –> My Settings –> My Account –> General Settings –> Messaging & Notification –> Default Thread Subscription Mode and choose the appropriate option.

Remember, in the future if there is ANYTHING you do not like about the way the forum behaves, please contact an admin. Myself (ACRFan) or VB3 can modify the forum and should be your starting point.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I thought I just wasn't getting any activity on my CP. Then, just now looked at "show all" and nada. Went WTF... I don't get it... did the guy complain or do something that took the boards down? Why couldn't just his have been removed?

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are over 800 members and since it was too easy to have the site shut down because of lame hosting providers, it was a necessary action to prevent it from happening again with the next member. Unfortunately one member messed it up for everyone else. However the feature is still available. You will just have to subscribe to threads again.

There have been changes made to prevent this from happening again as well. There will be changes coming in the next few weeks or months to enhance the site, etc.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts