ACR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Water, food, and shelter/security. Broad categories but it all fits in there somewhere. Shelter in place or a total bug out?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually since I live in the burbs,I'm bugging out. Freeze dried food, plenty of ammo, an excellent H2o filtration device.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Thanks Agent.PYLE. I am always looking for more disaster/shtf food and supplies.

·
Registered
5 Posts
In my experience if you have gun the rest falls into place.
you can take shelter.
you can hunt food.
and defend your self

gun and bible are all you need he will deliver the rest

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
that survival blog guy is good. I like what he has to say. the best thing is the chocolate syrup he has stashed

I wonder why he doesn't mention MRE's? I dont really care for them, but they last forever. I had some in Saudi Arabia that were left over from the first gulf war. They looked gross but they tasted ok and didn't make anyone sick. And no we didn't eat the charms.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
that survival blog guy is good. I like what he has to say. the best thing is the chocolate syrup he has stashed

I wonder why he doesn't mention MRE's? I dont really care for them, but they last forever. I had some in Saudi Arabia that were left over from the first gulf war. They looked gross but they tasted ok and didn't make anyone sick. And no we didn't eat the charms.
Don't know, though I bet has some set aside. Might be that for long term you'd have to stock so many cases to feed the whole fam?

We had a cookbook we made over our deployments for MRE's that was funny. Some of them were actually pretty good eating by any standard. And Charms. Why not just suck down the packet of sugar in the accessory packet.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Oh yeah, i have several recipes for mre/first strike meals. i can make a chicken taco that tastes just like taco bell

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Meal #13, cheese tortellini. Heat up the apple sauce, dump in the spiced cider drink, crunch up the crackers and then, magic-apple crisp!

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
^ Every agency sends out "preparedness" books and such. I got one while I was in the Air Force. Shelter in place, dirty bombs, natural disaster, chemical attacks, etc, etc. When I see that, it doesn't strike me as out of the ordinary, and, in the context of the article, if we're gonna be hit by a large object in the solar system sitting in your basement with a ton of beans ain't gonna make much difference. Grab a lawnchair, a rack of beer, and enjoy the show. ;)

·
Mod Squad
1,892 Posts
Those little purple or blue and yellow pills thy give ya when deployed if you ate something or drank something you shouldn't have....... they'll block you up for days. But beats the alternative. Never trust a fart out on mission. I guess during the end of the world that would be the least of your worries.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Deck or playing card and poker chips

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I was just watching the science channel they were discussing how scientist belive that it takes thousands of years for the earth's magnetic field to switch poles. But hey, what do scientist know...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.