ACR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Coming from a U.S Army Infantry background we Zero our Rifles at 25 meters (you know the whole 25-300 meter crossover thing) i remember zeroing my rifle at Basic and anytime in the field we zerod our rifles at 25 meters and aimed center mass and adjusted to center mass

Magpul Art of the tactical carbine says the same thing

now im hearing several new ideas and concepts

Last time while i was at work we had a class on the NEW Army Battle Zero
which was a whole new concept that says the 200 meter cross over is 10 times more effective(on paper i could see why)

another E-7 was telling me that on a Battle Zero you are supposed put your dot on the center mass but the point of impact should be 1.2 inches below that!

so im now asking what works for you guys and what do you like to do!

keep in mind i like shooting from 50-300 meters

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I do a 50m zero on my rifles. It's more useful over the span of the effectiveness of the carbine and minimizes the trajectory offset for the closer targets.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
[quote author=DSM link=topic=211.msg1181#msg1181 date=1287612297]
I do a 50m zero on my rifles. It's more useful over the span of the effectiveness of the carbine and minimizes the trajectory offset for the closer targets.
[/quote]

Me to!! It seems to work out best for me at the ranges that I shoot. (no more than 200 yards)

·
Forum Vassal
709 Posts
I've always liked the 25 meter zero. I've been using it for years, and see no real reason to change. My unit still teaches 25 meter zero as well.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeh same here at my unit V.B but we got some new FM in that says other wise

do you put your point of aim point of impact on the same spot

·
Forum Vassal
709 Posts
[quote author=FraternityRogue link=topic=211.msg1189#msg1189 date=1287619831]
Yeh same here at my unit V.B but we got some new FM in that says other wise

do you put your point of aim point of impact on the same spot
[/quote]

If you can locate the FM, please let me know. I'd like to see what the Army is brewing.

At 25 yards my point of impact and point of aim at the same. On a KD range I just aim for the largest spot on the target, and don't worry about aiming an inch high or an inch low. I've never failed a qual, so it works.

This leaves me with the very simple task of putting my sights on the target and pulling the trigger, rather than worrying about compensating.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeh ive never scored below a 36. i do the same thing 25 point of aim point of impact but of course at the 50 and 100 gotta aim a tad bit low

·
Forum Vassal
709 Posts
[quote author=FraternityRogue link=topic=211.msg1206#msg1206 date=1287675898]
yeh ive never scored below a 36. i do the same thing 25 point of aim point of impact but of course at the 50 and 100 gotta aim a tad bit low
[/quote]

Prior to the Army, I used a 45 meter zero and it worked well too. For the sake of simplicity, I conform to army 25 meter standards even in my civilian shooting now.

However, 25, 50, 100, whatever, if it works for you, roll with it. I think all these methods work well, with the shooter being the main difference that will matter most.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts