ACR Forum banner

the Juggernaut

4K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  oif0709 
#1 ·
aka the Dillon 1050. Mine is an older RL1050 (compared to the Super1050) but can still churn out the goods.

The green boxes to the right are my processed, ready to load 223 cases. I absolutely loathe processing brass so when I get in the mind to do it I bust 'em out and do as many as I can so I don't have to do it for awhile. You can get about 2K in each box. not exact math but close enough given what I've dumped in there in terms of known quantities. Decap; swage out the crimp, if present; FL size and trim with a 1200B trimmer and then back into the tumbler to get the juice off. I'll deburr and inspect on a case mate then into a box to get loaded. (The press is set for loading in this pic however.)

Here's a full shellplate for loading. Here I'll neck size in the first station (the 1200B doesn't have an expander), prime, drop powder, check powder drop, and then seat/crimp. Once you get into a rhythm it's really neat to watch that shellplate rotating and the rounds being spit out.

My next upgrade eventually will be one of these.

http://www.mrbulletfeeder.com/

Here's a vid. He's loading pistol on there but it'd be the same. About a minute in he zooms in on the toolhead. That's titties if you ask me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtfHuN7MrU0

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Nice setup DCM, very envious. The 1050 is a great (but expensive) machine. Maybe If I would stop buying every firearm I lay my eyes on, I could finally buy one and start reloading again. ;)

Another curious question.....In the 2nd picture, what is that blue tab under the case locator button?

#3 ·
Makes it easier to grab hold of the button. I took them off most of them because I'd keep knocking them out when I was moving my hand around the machine for one reason or another.

I bought this one used but if you look around you can find deals on them every now and again. If I could find another one for the price I paid for this one I'd pick it up in a heartbeat.

#5 ·
I'm sure they sell those tabs. I got some in a spare parts kit awhile back. I'll root around in my parts box next time I'm down there and see if I kept any of them.

#9 ·
i cant wait for my retro check at the end of the year..........hello dillion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#11 ·
get the blue press every month in the mail.....drool over the thousands of rounds i could reload evry month.of course the models are nice too,lol.

#13 ·
I use a Hornady Powder Cop. Just a simple rod with a washer that slides in the die as the ram is lowered. Not super exact (the Dillon powder measure is usually very good on its own) but it'll guard against a squib load or a double charge should I get loopy on the press. I had a Dillon die that did the same thing, but, uh, I may have been messing around and not paying attention and crunched it. Allegedly that was what happened.

Yep, there's a lot of stations on there and when loading rifle you don't really need to use some depending on how you do it. When loading pistol you can go directly from fired case to loaded round so usually all the stations are used.

#15 ·
They'll lift the button about 1/16' but as long as they are still holding the case in the shellplate it shouldn't be an issue I think. I don't have much press time on the 550 though.

#17 ·
Does it bind consistently at that station, or, just every once in awhile? Might have something in the shellholder recess of the plate or maybe a burred case head if it's intermittent.

#18 ·
It seems to be working now. Not too tight or loose for the bolt holding the shell plate. It was prettymuch one spot it would bind. Ill keep an eye on it. Tomorrow is my last night in town for a few weeks so I hope to get some reload time after. Ill treat myself to some nice dies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.