ACR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Ted Marshal was working on US imports of these as well as Polish AK stuff. But that was years ago and nothing ever happened.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
142 Posts
Several years ago, Poland bought a bunch of Remington ACR's to evaluate; there are a few pics floating around the internet of them being used with the SWW. A few years later, the MSBS appears.

Coincidence?

The ACR itself saw very limited military use, but it appears that the MSBS, which is a derivative, has some future with Poland

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
They ripped off the ACR and so long as the patents and IP are valid they will never see the US barring an agreement of some scale. They are inferior, but the Polish are a badass military, so badass Hitler had to create and fund a massive disinformation campaign to ease fears in his own military and German citizens before attacking thats resulted in todays pollocks jokes and are trying to bridge the cost of the AK based platform with these in limited amounts. The polymers they use are inferior and are more likely to become brittle and crack in cold temperatures, the nitride like coating also is inferior and the bayonet lug is not how I would have done it - but its better than most advanced rifles in use like Mexico's FX-05.

The XCR is a competant option I guess, but when I decided to build a new 308 - I went with the POF Rogue instead of the M model.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts