ACR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Forum Vassal
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to wonder what kind of tragectory a 6.8 bullet will have when fired from a 5.56 case. Might be similar to .300 BLK, which isn't exactly flat shooting.

Interesting just the same...

JL visited Taipei Aerospace & Defense Technology Exhibition (TADTE) and spotted the new XT100 AR-15-style Assault Rifle chambered in 6.8mm SPC. The rifle has been developed by the Taiwanese Military Combined Logistics Command, Arsenal 205. It utilizes a short-stroke piston, has a 16" barrel and a forward quad rail. The 'XT' stands for Experimental Type.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
So it's not 6.8SPC?

Interesting.........

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
hmmmmmm... What're those crafty Thai up to? :D

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Well, Taiwan isn't all that big so it only has to make it across the island, right?

·
Mod Squad
4,526 Posts
I remember during one Asian Appreciation month Group 2 was celebrating, some (asian) members of the command brought food in for everyone. They brought in Philipino food, Thai, Chinese, and I believe some Korean. The CO asked one of the girls to describe what each one was and as she pointed out the Pad Thai, a caucasian female said, "I LOVE Taiwan!"

Just bustin' yer chops Tack!

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Conflicting reports on if it is SPC or not.
Ahhhh, I really cant see Taiwan trying to design a whole new caliber when the 6.8SPC is already available and waiting for a home.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I remember during one Asian Appreciation month Group 2 was celebrating, some (asian) members of the command brought food in for everyone. They brought in Philipino food, Thai, Chinese, and I believe some Korean. The CO asked one of the girls to describe what each one was and as she pointed out the Pad Thai, a caucasian female said, "I LOVE Taiwan!"

Just bustin' yer chops Tack!
Okay Taiwanese. Sorry. :)

·
Mod Squad
4,526 Posts
Too funny brother.

Taiwan is gonna need something if that doucher Obama decides to pull chocks and NOT help protect them from China.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I'll have to plead ignorance regarding that situation. As far as acting against China, I'd have to see that as a bit of an issue just because of the US debt to China (which BTW, I find completely embarrassing).

·
Registered
303 Posts
Thats a scarey thought. could the U.S.'s word/treaty be broken over money?
that just sounds wrong to me. but I'm a poor man I guess thats why I value my word so much. I might feel really different about my country if it doesn't keep it word...

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
The only ones who should have any confidence in Barry are self declared enemies.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts