ACR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
There is another thread on this trigger not too far back, although the idea of it working in an ACR has not been touched. From what I can tell, the forced reset comes from the hammer being pushed down to activate the reset lever thingy. The hammer is of course pushed down by the bolt carrier as it travels backwards after firing. Since both AR's and the ACR work this way, with the same types of triggers, it COULD work. The safety however, is made for an AR and will not work in the ACR lower. If you used it with the lower that 68 and Marvin are cooking up however, I think it would function just as it does in an AR.

I was thinking I might try this exact setup with a bipod and a Beta-C drum to make an LMG ACR. Imagine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking, but yeah the safety seems to be an issue. It would be awesome to see if they'd sell a conversion kit for an ACR. Please share if you are able to figure it out. Would love to see it!
P.S. How does one get in touch with Marvin?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Well heres the thread for the lower. The most recent iteration is modeled to use AR safeties.

http://www.acrforum.com/forum/acr-g...gauging-serious-interest-cnc-alloy-lower.html

Marvin is a bit of a recluse. You will have to journey to far away lands and study under a wise sensei. Only then will you realize that Marvin was with you the whole time. Or that his contact info is all over this site. Or so everyone says; I honestly don't see it too often. The lower isn't in production yet, so he may be less than informative if you do contact him. Once these lowers are being sold, I will turn it into a project.

A fledgling company like TAC-CON will never go out on a limb for a platform as unpopular as the ACR, especially before they see success with an AR version.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just for the record I have played with both of these, and just sold the Tac-con. The Tac-con trigger has to have the light weight hammer upgrade to really be effective. The hammer and spring it ships with makes the active reset mode almost useless. The binary system is bad ass, but takes some getting used to so you don't jam the rifle. The Ecco trigger, which has yet to be released, seems to be a promising alternative to both of these. If I had to buy one now it would be the tac-con with the light weight setup.

·
Registered
46 Posts
What about the Franklin Armory Binary Firing System? I've seen some great reviews of that trigger. I want to see if that would work on the ACR, especially now that I picked up one of CJ's select-fire lowers.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The BFS is awesome in my AR but as stated we would need a different selector. Hell I'll call them on Monday and see if they would be able to do something.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts