ACR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here have an Aimpoint T1 on a Larue HK mount with a magnifier behind it on their ACR? What magnifier and mount are you using and do they line up together perfectly?

·
Premium Member
4,707 Posts
its not the exact same thing but nod's line up a little bit high with a gg&g quick detach mount (which is the same as the magnifier mount), it still works ok though

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
I don't like NVGs. I prefer thermal. I know there are super small thermal systems that can even mount to a kevlar. So my question is this, if the T1 is NVG compatible, will thermals work?

·
Premium Member
4,707 Posts
no it wouldnt work, thermals have to be in front of an optic, its something with thermals not being able to see through glass right

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
So if it was mounted in front with absolute co-witness, I would still be able to see the red dot (because it's a powered red dot and not dependent on ambient light, like an acog), and I would have the thermal, right?

BTW, I don't like NVG's because they give me a migraine. I have a great night vision anyway. The thermals would be for work/SHTF because I don't plan on doing any night shooting at the farm or range

·
Premium Member
4,707 Posts
the other problem is that the thermal or even nod isnt correctly centered, its kinda hard to explain-but say you have an acog and you aim it at something and hold it there, then install a pvs14 in front of the acog, it still will be pointed at the original target but your reticle would shift some, thats why you either see the pvs 14 behind the optic, or say a pvs22 in front of the optic

thats why the pvs22's are pretty spendy at around 8k+ iirc

·
Premium Member
4,707 Posts
Any pics of T1 with magnifier setup???
i dont think so, yet, i emailed larue tactical and they said their flip to side mount doesnt correctly align with the hk mount for the t1... damn

I've aimed thermal optics at glass and had it reflect back like a mirror if that was what was meant above with the thermal / glass statement.
ya i read they have problems with glass, i never used thermal optics other than function checks to make sure they worked. i never shot with them unfortunately, i had to be gentle with them since the ones i was playing with were the 20k+ rifle scope types

·
Registered
66 Posts
Here's a pic of T1 in a KAC mount, 1 spacer (absolute withe the buis), and an Aimpoint 3x in stock twistmount. The T1 sits a tad bit low, easy fix, just ad another spacer in the mount.
I'm not a huge fan of the lack of eye reflief, the 3x does need to come back a little.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
How many clicks are you usually back on the stock?

I wish Aimpoint would come out with a new unit with better eye relief and/or better mag (at least 4x).

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yeah eye relief is 1.5-2 inches. I've tried it in every position. None make the short of eyerelief work well IMO. 3.5"+ relief and 8x mag would be perfect. -t

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
I wish the aimpoint magnifier had a diopter adjustment like my vortex does. Using the aimpoint magnifier, the dot is outta focus unless I use my reading glasses. (which I can't shoot with :( )

·
Registered
66 Posts
I heard other people say that the magnifier mishaped the T 1 dot but I don't see it. Diopter adjustment sound like a good idea though. -t

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Has anyone used the Eotech 4x with a T1 or other Aimpoint?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here is mine with a PVS-14 behind it. I just sold my 3x Mag in Larue FTS Mount. The Low Larue FTS mount will work with the low or high T-1 Mount. It will not line up perfectly, but is close enough not to matter.

Looks badass.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My 3x Magnifier and T-1 also can come out of focus a bit, but I think it is more my eye than the sight (I am left eye dominant, but shoot long guns with my right eye). The eye relief does suck though and you have to be just at the correct distance for the best view to come in clearly. I find that even at 2 inches it is a bit sketchy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.