ACR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. This is my time giving anything a camo paint job, so please don't too rough on me. I used krylon camouflage: brown, flat dark earth and tan. For the design and I used a ceiling & wall patch. Those things were purchased from walmart. I used my surefire that I've "acquired" over the years. So, please tell me what you think.

1.jpg
Base was painted brown
2.jpg
I wrapped the netting stuff around it.
3.jpg
Then I painted it using tan or fde. I can't remember cause they look almost the same.
4 (2).jpg
Lastly, I spayed over the the metal patch. This time i used the brown and tan or fde.
5.jpg
These are finished products.
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg

Well that's what I ended up with. If you want pics of the things i used for the design just ask and i'll post them. I think my next job will be on the grippod.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Not a bad camo job for WalMart special Krylon. I have a tan surefire that I want to paint black to match. Krylon will do the trick? How much masking is needed (aside from the lense of course).

·
Mod Squad
1,892 Posts
Looks good. I likehave the patternone you used. I use a sea sponge. Myself and another member here did our acrs in krylon. The one krylon camo black is really flat in my opinion so I could see it matching the acr well. Im gone for the next ten days so I can't so an exact comparison.

·
Mod Squad
4,526 Posts
I like the "oversprayed" areas. The ones that don't look perfectly crisp, but a little blurred. I think that's more effective.

Great job.

Tack, we use Krylon for EVERYTHING! The coyote Eagle CIRAS that was first issued about 6-7 years back, krylon some pattern on it and it works even better. Guns, lights, magazines, helmets, EVERYTHING!

·
Super Moderator
4,707 Posts
^^ word! in our unit we had 3 sopmod m4's that had no camo (out of over 150) and 0 m24's that were still factory lol, although the m82's were still new in the box

·
Registered
299 Posts
nicely done !- painting your gear can be habit forming ! what do you use to remove krylon vandalism wipes or paint thinner or what ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
@ tackle: It didn't take much tape. All I really taped up were the exposed pieces, didn't worry about the one on the inside, that screw together. When I taped the lens I used my knife and cut around the lens as to expose the inner wall of the face.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like the "oversprayed" areas. The ones that don't look perfectly crisp, but a little blurred. I think that's more effective.
I agree. I don't really care for the crisp looking areas myself. I might respray it one day or just let it be and call it something learned.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not a bad camo job for WalMart special Krylon. I have a tan surefire that I want to paint black to match. Krylon will do the trick? How much masking is needed (aside from the lense of course).
It didn't take much tape. All I really taped up were the exposed pieces, didn't worry about the one on the inside, that screw together. When I taped the lens I used my knife and cut around the lens as to expose the inner wall of the face.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
That looks pretty good!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
@ tackle: It didn't take much tape. All I really taped up were the exposed pieces, didn't worry about the one on the inside, that screw together. When I taped the lens I used my knife and cut around the lens as to expose the inner wall of the face.
Thanks. I think a trip to Wally world is in order.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I bought a used Millennium light that I'm going to experiment with since I want to get it as close to coyote brown as possible, at least for portions (thinking of leaving the markings alone and thus the areas around it as "desert sand" or whatever Surefire calls it, so probably a two tone thing but primary/majority definitely coyote.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Good work dude. I am happy to see the paint and graphics work on guns also. Every body fear from the gun but if we design these in such kind of ways than it should be a good symbol related to guns.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone. This is my time giving anything a camo paint job, so please don't too rough on me. I used krylon camouflage: brown, flat dark earth and tan. For the design and I used a ceiling & wall patch. Those things were purchased from walmart. I used my surefire that I've "acquired" over the years. So, please tell me what you think.

View attachment 1649
Base was painted brown
View attachment 1650
I wrapped the netting stuff around it.
View attachment 1651
Then I painted it using tan or fde. I can't remember cause they look almost the same.
View attachment 1652
Lastly, I spayed over the the metal patch. This time i used the brown and tan or fde.
View attachment 1653
These are finished products.
View attachment 1654
View attachment 1655
View attachment 1656
View attachment 1657
View attachment 1658

Well that's what I ended up with. If you want pics of the things i used for the design just ask and i'll post them. I think my next job will be on the grippod.
How much time you have spent on this project? I think hardly 2 hours for this work is quite ok? Isn't?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts