ACR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered 1 surefire 60 round magazine this week it should be delivered next Monday and I will post pictures and how it functions in the acr soon after.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Definitely interested. Not a chance in Cali as I have to gimp my PMAG's to 10 rounds. :(

Have you tried a Beta C-Mag?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I use to have 2 beta mags but there not the most reliable and 100 rounds makes the gun too heavy for me but I have never tried the beta mag in my ACR.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just finished testing out the 60 round surefire magazine for Ar15 platform weapons and it shot great. no jambs or miss feeds locks and unlocks from the mag well very easy I give this a 9 out of 10 function is great I put 100 rounds through it mixed up brown bear wolf federal winchester and hornady. the only reason I don't give it a 10 is the finish on the magazine its just like the standard issue magazine for AR15s kind of a primer job not so much paint. I'm trying to post pictures so you can see it but i have never posted pictures on here yet some help would be awesome! thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok I thought i figured it out. well if anyone can help me out i don't know how to post bigger pictures. thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
IF you put your pictures up in photobucket, you use the image code for each picture and the whole image comes up to a certain size. Usually the size is decided by the settings on the site you are posting the image link to. From what I can remember.
Photobucket is your friend.

On a more important note that mag in your ACR makes the ACR look like a horse in a pasture with a "Excitement Problem".

·
Registered
610 Posts
Looks awesome! I can see it. Do you know if its ok to keep that mag loaded for long periods of time?

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
probably 6 pounds or so. ha

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
2lbs it's not bad at all loaded up not too bulky doesn't get in the way plus I don't run a scope so that helps on weight too. It has 2 springs in it and surefire said they designed it to be loaded for long periods of time so we will have to wait and see. But now I got her ready as a SHTF weapon! Not to mention being able to blow through 60 rounds without changing magazines is F$&@ing Awesome!!

·
Super Moderator
4,707 Posts
^ nice, i might have to throw one in my rucksack for shtf/zombies/terminators/ex's/china...

i wonder how it would work in combo with a bipod-if it clears the ground or not

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
I highly doubt it will clear with a grip pod, but some harris bipods might be ok

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It will work fine the surefire magazine does not stick out any farther than a pmag with the ranger plate on it. I put them side by side then checked them out in the magwell for comparison same length it's just much thicker than the pmag. I just put an order in for a second one but they are pretty much sold out everywhere with no eta

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Seems like I like want 2 or 4 of them

1 - 20 of 31 Posts