ACR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a lot of pushing from the local folks at Ar15.com it looks like we're going to be able to run suppressors in WA state!

I have a stock, enhanced ACR that I grabbed back in November. It currently still has the AAC Blackout on it. In order to use a suppressor I'd have to change it out I believe. I've never looked at owning a suppressor... and I don't have the experience to change out the AAC.

Any suggestions would be very helpful.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Doesn't take much experience to wrench off that AAC Blackout. Grab a wrench and give it a twist, nothing to it.

Lot of different options for cans out there. A dedicated 5.56 can will be the best and lightest for the ACR. But, if you're thinking you might want to get a caliber conversion or two you may want to get a .30 can because it'll work for everything that the ACR will chamber (most likely, someone will probably do a .450 conversion some day...!). The drawback there is they are usually heavier and bigger though AAC's new SDN-6 is pretty small for a .30 cal bore.

Don't forget, that suppressor can be used on any other caliber appropriate rifle you have so plan accordingly to that too. Once you shoot with a can you won't want to shoot without!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the great feedback DSM and BigDog. I'll definitely have to check out .30 cans. The ACR is all about versatility after all.

DSM... do you have any recommendations on replacements for the AAC? Muzzle breaks, battle comps, flash suppressors... it's all pretty new to me. (Yes... admitting my noobness here ;-)

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
That AAC Blackout is pretty good as-is in my humble opinion. But, it really depends on what you want as there seems to be a style or choice to fit just about anyone's wishes.

The BattleComp's have really caught on of late and people say they're great. More traditional muzzle breaks will reduce felt recoil to an extent but usually at the cost of amplifying muzzle blast. Standing next to an AAC Brakeout equipped rifle was like getting blasted in the face with really hot air. It thumps pretty hard.

A standard flash hider does pretty much just that. The AAC you have now fits in that category. I like the YHM 5C2 Phantom hiders if for nothing else they are cheap and don't bring much weight to the party.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts