ACR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever tried firing their ACR on the suppressed setting without a suppressor installed?

After watching some videos of FTE on the ACR some people suggested to try the suppressed setting but I think the shooter never tried.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Nope, never tried it. I have not had any issues yet where I need to play with it. I would think it would decrease the amount of gas used to cycle the action, possible causing it to short stroke.

YMMV

8)

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
[quote author=cjt50 link=topic=137.msg706#msg706 date=1283422993]
Nope, never tried it. I have not had any issues yet where I need to play with it. I would think it would decrease the amount of gas used to cycle the action, possible causing it to short stroke.

YMMV

8)
[/quote]

Concur. The XCR is the same way. Some will run all day long on "S" and others won't. I don't think it's indicative of production inconsistencies just that each rifle will behave a little different under different conditions.

I have seen a couple posts around from folks that feel their rifle is OVER gassed. Once spares become availabe they could get hold of an extra gas plug and play with the ACR's "S" gas port, increasing it step by step, to hit the sweet spot.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the response guys. I am going to try both the "U" and "S" settings and see how it feels like.

Now my other question is has anyone ever experienced the hand guard starting to get really hot where it's uncomfortable with your bare hands?

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
[quote author=ACRguy556 link=topic=137.msg716#msg716 date=1283524119]
Thanks for the response guys. I am going to try both the "U" and "S" settings and see how it feels like.

Now my other question is has anyone ever experienced the hand guard starting to get really hot where it's uncomfortable with your bare hands?
[/quote]

My quickest shooting will usually be 25 - 35 shots within 2 mins, with a break of 5 - 10 mins for target change and eval, then repeat. usually total of 200 rounds in 1 hour. The handguard warms up but can still be comfortably handled. The barrel is "HOT" and will melt a cheap gun case interior. (Wounder how I know that ::) )

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I went to the range last week and decided to shoot it on the suppressed setting. Well the cycle and the recoil felt very weak but it did cause a FTE. In fact the bolt never fully cycled because I also did not get a double feed and the empty casing was still in the chamber. I went back to unsuppressed and no problems. This was with TAP Hornady 55grain Training ammo (steel case).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.