ACR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have expierence with this light as a weapon mounted tac light? I have one that I was given over here in Afghanistan that I don't have to turn back in. I have been thinking about putting it on my ACR when I get back via a vtac mount to replace my surefire scout. It is slightly larger than the scout width wise, length wise it is probably about 1/8 to 1/4 inch longer (guesstimate). I really like the surefire scout, and I know it will hold up, but the scorpion x has a strobe feature as well as just on which I have been wanting for awhile but hasn't been at the top of my to buy list. If I remember correctly it runs on 2 of the CR123 3 volt batteries and is 200 lumens. Also cause I'm sure someone will mention this, I would mount it on my rifle here and see how it holds up but I don't have the mount and I'm at the end of my tour so I don't want to purchase one only to never receive it.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I can't speak to that model, but I followed the recommendation of other folks on this forum and got a different model of Streamlight for my ACR and it's been working great. I'm impressed by the quality of Streamlight flashlights, especially considering how reasonably priced they are. I think that Scorpion would look good mounted up on an ACR.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I will just have to try it out when I return to the states. So far from what I can tell it seems to be vary durable and for the price of free I can't really complain. So far the only thing I don't like about it is that to access the strobe or the dull feature you have to rapidly tap the button twice for strobe and 3 times for dull. Sometimes it will stay on the normal mode, and in a defensive situation when your adrenaline is up it may be hard to activate. I will test it out more when i'm back and give my final thoughts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts