ACR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any advice on how to attach an SR07 Surefire switch to the top rail securely?

I've never had this problem, but when my buddy shot my rifle, the SR07 pops right off the top rail.

Not good lol.

Thanks.

·
Registered
414 Posts
This is the picatinny rail-grabbing dual remote switch? If so, that's really weird, because I have run mine on the top and side rails with no difficulty. That said, please note that it has, on the underside, small rubber lugs which are intended to fit between rail teeth to ensure the switch does not slide on the rail. If you misposition the switch, so that the lugs are on a tooth rather than between teeth, the switch will not firmly grip the rail and may come loose.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I had this happen to one of my switches set up on my AR. I ended up using a zip-tie to keep it from pulling off. Not pretty, but it worked. So well in fact, I did the same to my other one.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I never noticed the lugs on the switch and will have to look into it, if that doesn't work then I may have to go the zip tie route.

I was also considering double sided tape? Thoughts?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Tape would have to be very thin not to interfere (i.e., lest it raise the switch so high that the edges no longer wrap around the rail teeth properly). If you're going that route, you might be better off with an ST07.

·
Registered
131 Posts
The side opposite the button almost looks like it has a recess for something like a zip-tie. I'm sure people smarter than me have gone that route already. It's pretty permanent, you'll have to cut them off if you want the switch removed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts