ACR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
I've been keeping track of this shooters situation. It's kind of messed up that Bushmaster hasn't corrected the problem yet or given him a replacement.

For sure it's an extraction problem and the reason why his bolt was jammed was because the screws for the inner rails were coming loose. The screws had no loctite on them so they were backing out.

I seriously hope this doesn't happen to me. Has anyone else experienced this type of malfunction?

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
I have not had that failure yet. Just on the underside of 1k rounds fired in mine. I have reviewed all the the videos this guy has posted on your tube ref. the ACR. Lots of info missing, big one is how is he maintaining the rifle? Me personally, I'm a "carbon scraper" I have played with piston type rifles for a long time, (bought FN-FAL back in 1984) and I have always scraped the pistons clean after a range session. Have had very few issues over the years with weapons cycling. If I did, it was usually ammo or magazine related.

I have been following this saga with this poor guy since he 1st got the rifle. I hope it comes to a happy conclusion for him, and the issue he has is due to a lemon and not a system short coming.

:)

·
Registered
88 Posts
ive had one jam with mine so far. somewhere around the 600 round range. failed to eject the spent caseing and tried to load the other. ok no big deal. you dont do malfunction drills for nothing. it happens

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
I have been following this guys saga. He hasn't posted a video in awhile. I wounder where he's at with the issue?

:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
but nobody seriously believes that it is unsafe to fire military 5.56 in our ACRs? I'm not gonna be buying .223 ammo from wally-world... I don't even like going in there.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
but nobody seriously believes that it is unsafe to fire military 5.56 in our ACRs? I'm not gonna be buying .223 ammo from wally-world... I don't even like going in there.
Not at all, thats all I shot in mine when I 1st got it. It purred like a kitten with early 80's Win WB and some late 70's lake city.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Keep in mind chamber size and cartrige size when talking Rem .223 or 5.56 NATO:

While the cartridges are basically the same except the thickness of the brass, the chambers are slightly different. First off, the 5.56 NATO has a longer leade (distance bullet must travel before engaging the rifling). The extended leade distance is about .025″ – which is a meaningful distance for accuracy based on bullet seating depth. Second, some of the other chamber dimensions are “enlarged” very slightly in order to allow for more reliable feeding/chambering characteristics.
Here is a summary of the differences (positive number means greater in size for 5.56 NATO):
Base diameter.002″Shoulder diameter.0007″Neck.001″Freebore diameter.0025″Base to case mouth.003″Base to shoulder.004″Neck length-0.002Freebore length.025″Throat angle-0.6 degrees

1 - 10 of 10 Posts