ACR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the state compliant model to start with.&nbsp; (FFL ordered the wrong model!)&nbsp; I had my gunsmith take the brake off and install an "actual" flash hider.&nbsp; I ordered one of the Bushmaster/ACR slings for it and a front "Mount'N'Slot" recepticle for the Q.R. sling swivel.&nbsp; Got the Magpul light mount for the forend.&nbsp; Of course I had to have the enhanced stock for it.&nbsp; Ordered it just before the shop closed down and got it in less than a week.&nbsp; Loved the stock.&nbsp; Within a week or so I ordered the enhanced forend - that was probably five months ago - just cancelled the order the other day.<BR>I had shortened the right side safety lever via dremel tool...painted in the safe/fire indentatations on the receiver&nbsp;with white/red paint, put larue irons on it and dropped in a replacement hammer and sear, as the trigger absoletely sucked as it came out of the box.&nbsp; (Like 8-9 lbs.!)<BR>It just......&nbsp;&nbsp; didn't do anything that my other AR's didn't do better!&nbsp; Other than looking cooler in the "mirror test" and not getting as dirty in between cleanings.<BR>Accuracy was below that of both my AR's, both 16" Rock Rivers, one with the heavy barrel 1:9 twist and one with a light contour 1:7 CMMG upper.&nbsp; And this was testing with numerous brands/weights of factory ammo between the three with a 3x9 scope/mount I trust.<BR>My AR accuacy combined, between the two with a scope and averaging in many brands/weights of ammo with a scope I'm guesing is about 1.75".&nbsp; My ACR was in the 3"-3.5" (and at times much larger) ballpark.&nbsp; I guess I'm trading the 1.5" or so difference in group size for a bit more cleaning time at the work bench.<BR>Most of what I've read says mine is probably a lemon.&nbsp; (Regarding accuracy) &nbsp;My gunsmith said my rifeling looked very shallow to him.&nbsp; Not to condem the ACR - my AR's just perform better compared to the one I had.<BR>

·
Registered
81 Posts
first of all, where are the paragraphs, second of all, you ctl c&p'ed this from some other place.

this forum doesn't allow html coding.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Your about to not be the only one who "Sold it". :(

In my review if you have AR's and they run well for you its going to be big jump to go to the ACR.

But I have just found out i'm a Cynical Asshole, So Ignore Me!!!!

·
Super Moderator
4,707 Posts
Holy cow, if your getting 3" groups with an acr something is definately wrong, I was getting right over an inch groups with 62 gr ammo and an aimpoint t1 at 70 meters, my worst group of the day was a 1.5 inch group with an acog, 55gr and factory trigger at 100 meters

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I've never had groups more than an inch when benched with a 3x magnified EOtech. Yeah, you've got a dud there. Given what your gunsmith said, you probably would've benefited from a fresh barrel with the original gas system transferred over.

·
Registered
55 Posts
i think what actually happened is he started his post and waited some time before completing it. In that time his session timed out. When you follow the directions that tells you how to recover your post it looks exactly like what he posted. I know cause I did that once but instead of continuing I canceled my post because of that weird formatting...

first of all, where are the paragraphs, second of all, you ctl c&p'ed this from some other place.

this forum doesn't allow html coding.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Again, sorry to rain on any parades....of course by putting forth that much $, I was hoping for the latest and greatest myself.
I think I had somehow started the thread and was not logged in. I had to put the posting on hold to log in. Very strange as to how it turned out - sorry.
Anyhow - I've got a world class shooting buddy who's a member of one of the national military shooting teams. His results coincided with mine regarding the ACR accuracy. We were both bummed and had hoped for the best. He's now on the verge of ordering a Scar heavy.
I guess with the factory change over and the reported lack of response and parts availability .... I just thought it might be the time to "let it go" before the price dropped any further.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Wow 3-3.5? That's horrible why not ship it back to bushmaster so they can diagnosis the problem? If it was shooting that I'm sure they would replace it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts