1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Forum Vassal
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Agreed. But for an assault pack, im going to stick with camelbak. Mine served extremely well and continue its career as a camping pack

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've used an Eagle A-III pack (MOLLE version) almost every day for the past 5 years and it could pass for near-new.

·
Mod Squad
1,892 Posts
I think I may have the camelbak like tommy. 2 pouches outside the main one. I loved it. That and my spec ops assult bag. Depending on the mission id use either. The camelbak didn't hold as much bit it held up really well. Since its made for the water bladder its more comfortable. The spec ops one has a spot but it moves around inside. As for a rucksack. The new plactic framed ones were way better than that old green stuff. Held more and was more comfortable. But a pain to detach from the frame. I wouldn't buy one to go backpacking with either. Internal frame all the way. Mines from eastern mountain sports (ems) don't know who has a store in their area.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Are any of these backpacks waterproof? I need something that's waterproof but it needs to be a regular military type backpack. I've been looking at the 5.11 Tactical packs. Can't find anything that's waterproof. I really don't want to resort to a PVC drybag.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
This is what I use. Mine is medium size with frame. You can find very good to excellent surplus for almost nothing. I'll be dammed if I spend all kinds of scratch on something like that. Yea it may not be the latest but it sure as hell will get the job done and is proven. It is always packed and ready to go.

Reactions: TX_Inquisition

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Are any of these backpacks waterproof? I need something that's waterproof but it needs to be a regular military type backpack. I've been looking at the 5.11 Tactical packs. Can't find anything that's waterproof. I really don't want to resort to a PVC drybag.
Sam just line your ruck with a heavy duty trash bag, it's never failed me. I've been in some wet swampy places and my shit always stays dry.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Or try to get surplus water proofing bags

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've been using a TAD gear Litespeed for the past 5 years and really feel like it's the best of both worlds. It has ample storage, but it's small enough to still be maneuverable. The price is up there but the quality is pretty good.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
??????????????????????

·
Registered
137 Posts
I agree with Undertaker. I mentor at JRTC in Louisiana and use an Alice pack but with a modified frame and shoulder suspension system.

alice-pack.jpg Eagle FIBLE Frame and Straps small.jpg

It is the most comfortable system I have used. Ive tried quite a few other systems, but have always gone back to my "FrankenPack". You can find the Filbe frame on ebay or amazon and the shoulder harness can be found on either also.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I use the FILBE and the FILBE 3 day asslt pk.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts