ACR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate carrying a boat load of gear up to the range. Sometimes you have your rifle bag your ammo case a target frame possibly a shooting mat and some tools for whatever might can and will go wrong. This is just a very crude mockup but I am in phase one of my project. If it's retarded or you hate it then bitch about how u want one and don't have it. Here goes nothing. So far I have 1.5 hours invested in cutting my polyethylene foam. It looks good enough now I need some kind of material and velcro to keep it all together. Any suggestions for material and where to get it would be appreciated. The flashlight was added to fill the last pocket.

·
Mod Squad
4,526 Posts
That looks awesome. Nicely done bro.

What I would add since it's a range bag is:

Lube

Multitool (Tools to help assemble/disassemble everything from an AFG, tightening an allen screw on an Aimpoint CompM ring, to tightening a LaRue QD nut).

Various batteries

Sharpie

Tape

Band aids (I have a Tkit attached to my strap, and some Hemcon, Celox, Quikclot would also be a good idea)

Spare eye/ear pro (Foamies would do fine.)

Peartree (preferably with a Partridge in it.)

·
Mod Squad
4,526 Posts
Oh yeah, I'd keep the optic mounted too. Maybe see if you can configure it to hold the pieces as assembled as possible so you don't have to do all the extra time-consuming assembly.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good call on eyes and ears. Multi tool suggestions? Gerber 600? I always lose the front sight post tool in my range bag. Now I need to get my handguard project started.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Range bag... I have that bad ass 5.11 Range bag. Oh and I love my Leatherman MUT. The carbon scraper works really well. I also got the Glock 3/32 punch, since I can use it to push the pins on the MR556 out. If the sticker shock of the MUT has you down, check out the Leatherman RAIL. The RAIL is about $40 delivered to your door. Plus it's lighter than the MUT. Both good tools. I also have Gerbers eFECT tool.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Hk = stupid. Their civilian rifles = shit. No way I'd pay that much for the neutered down shit they peddle

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I'm a huge HK fan and not a fan of their newer rifles.... the MR series just don't work at all for me.....

I'll take a LWRC any day over that shit..

Any AR based rifle with proprietary mags, they can suck my ASS

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
434 Posts
Don't know why your hating on the MR556, out shoots my Shurbmaster ACR any day. Way better than most crap ARs out there, and it doesn't feel like its going to fall apart. PMAGS work great as long as their Gen3 or EMAGs. You must be thinking of the MR762, that one uses HK only mags.

·
Super Moderator
4,707 Posts
I think its the big thing with the straightened magwell on the MR556 lower. They aren't very Pmag friendly, Emags and gen 3 are good to go but my friends and I have mostly M2's so that removes magazine compatibility.

I like the MR rifles alot but I don't like how they REFUSE to make a Mil variant Ar15. By that I mean take down pins requiring a tool, a Semi-Auto bolt carrier with a tab preventing the use of a full auto carrier. (Big deal for me because I was using my personal upper while I was still in the Army.)

The rifle is really sturdy but loses to the Acr in the weight category, price adjustable gas regulator and cam pin wear. In around 2-3000 rounds on the 416 upper I had several jams running suppressed and there was no way to reduce it unless I started swapping buffers.

My real HK416 10.5" upper that I sold for the Acr. I had this a few years before the MR556 came to the market, thus the lower.

This is an Unbiased opinion on the rifle. I like them, I want one in 10.5" but for the price I think there's better options. Lwrc is doing tons more for the piston Ar15 than HK on the civilian side.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I looked seriously at the H&K MR556. But I think my LWRCI M6IC is light years ahead of it. The only gripes on the IC is the slop between the upper and lower and the pinging flash hider. Both easily fixable. Had the IC at the range a few days ago, and shot a nice tight ragged group without really trying. It's a shooter.

I like your range bag but isn't it a pain, putting that rifle together everytime you transport it. I'd be concerned about parts wearing out. I use a 1720 Pelican and a medium range box. The only problem is the seat in my Wrangler needs folded up to haul them around. Once a roof rack is fitted to the Jeep, I'll haul the Pelican on the rack.

SamM

·
Mod Squad
4,526 Posts
I moved away from Pelicans to soft bags for that exact reason Sam. It's a pain to transport to and from the range. I can see it for a long range gun, but you'd still have to lug it around.

·
Super Moderator
4,707 Posts
I want a pelican case but a large one wouldn't fit in the Audi very well. I'd probably do around 36" at most for my case. Although I also prefer soft bags too.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts