ACR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm current using the 2 point sling that came with my enhanced and its working well for it's designed uses. Looking into getting a single point sling. The Blueforce SOC-C and SDKtac "pig drop slider" have peaked my interest.

Anyone have any imput of either of the above or your favorite?

:)

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I run a Wilderness sling on my XCR. I mod'd it a bit to run as a pseudo 2-point so it'd be more comfortable and controllable in an admin carry setting but with the snap of a buckle I'm back to the freedom of movement of the single point. I bought the Wilderness single point and then two of their bow adapters. Real simple set up.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=DSM link=topic=178.msg937#msg937 date=1286071522]
I run a Wilderness sling on my XCR. I mod'd it a bit to run as a pseudo 2-point so it'd be more comfortable and controllable in an admin carry setting but with the snap of a buckle I'm back to the freedom of movement of the single point. I bought the Wilderness single point and then two of their bow adapters. Real simple set up.
[/quote]

Hmmmm, thanks for the heads up, off to hunt the web

8)

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
I currently have a Magpul MS2 sling but now in the market for something else. I like the MS2 sling however I feel that it's a bit on the thin side and looking for a sling with padding.

I might have to look into that PIG sling that you mentioned.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am running the Viking Tactical 2 pt sling. I bought a vickers blue force for my other rifle and you can tighten it up easy but to release it back it is a mutha. The Viking Tactical 2 pt is the best 2pt out there I have seen.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmmmm, 3 replies using the MS2, guess I need to research that one as well,

Thanks for imput

8)

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
[quote author=cjt50 link=topic=178.msg1104#msg1104 date=1287201777]

Thanks for imput

8)
[/quote]

The price and the quality are both outstanding plus its completely versatile

·
Premium Member
4,707 Posts
[quote author=cjt50 link=topic=178.msg1104#msg1104 date=1287201777]

Thanks for imput

8)
[/quote]

make it 4

ms2 ftw

·
Registered
34 Posts
[quote author=DOA-Omen link=topic=178.msg1073#msg1073 date=1287015208]
I am running the Viking Tactical 2 pt sling. I bought a vickers blue force for my other rifle and you can tighten it up easy but to release it back it is a mutha. The Viking Tactical 2 pt is the best 2pt out there I have seen.
[/quote]

Agreed!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Idongetit, I'm new to sling theory but it seems the only difference between the MS2 and the included blue force that the ACR comes with is that you dont have to take it off to change it to single point.

and that you wont have that extra strap running from the front to the back..

Doesn't seem like worth $50 to me. The included sling is functional enough due to the perfect location of sling attachment points on the ACR.

·
Registered
303 Posts
What I noticed when using a single point sling was I needed a load bearing vest to keep the sling from hurting my shoulder. The 2 point sling that came with the enhanced works best. It can be carryed safari style or over the back or on shoulder.

·
Registered
75 Posts
What I noticed when using a single point sling was I needed a load bearing vest to keep the sling from hurting my shoulder. The 2 point sling that came with the enhanced works best. It can be carryed safari style or over the back or on shoulder.
Same thing happened to me when I first started using single points. After a few weeks I didn't notice it anymore but with irregular use it could take a while to break in your shoulder. I have a blackhawk single point right now and I like it because its simple and cheap. I probably would have just kept using the 2 point that came with it but I wanted the ability to wear the rifle with the stock folded. I have gone through a few slings over the last few years, my tastes have changed and different scenarios have called for different slings. There were times I would switch slings depending on if I was working or not.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am running a VTAC single point on mine right now and I like it quite a bit. I picked it up for about 25 bucks from Quantico Tactical.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I have a Blackhawk single point but will probably get a Magpul MS2
Why would you do that?
+1 Blackhawk Single Point

I've been using the Blackhawk single point for years. Locking mechanism can be covered to keep the "rattle" down and well the bungee is kind've conveniant. Just simple and reliable. I also have the MS2, great sling in that it's versatile in it's capabilites to go from a single to a 2 pt. The quick release is nice too. I just find that it's easy to get hung up on itself when transitioning sides. Other than that they're both great.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts