ACR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just grabbed a digi cam sig mosuqito with a threaded barrel today, put about 400 rds through it with only 2 failure to feed. I am so far very happy with it. Ive been told you shouldnt dry fire a 22, so I havent yet. Does anyone have any idea where I can maybe get a more high quality mag that wont malfunction though? I really plan on putting alot of rounds through this and want to be able to not worry about it jamming. On a side note if anyone knows the process on obtaining a supressor I would be glad to hear it. Any input would be nice.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Aren't you 19?

·
Registered
795 Posts
On a side note if anyone knows the process on obtaining a supressor I would be glad to hear it. Any input would be nice.
Congrats on your recent purchase, as long as you abide by your state laws in owning a handgun at 19 you should be fine. However if I'm not mistaken, you might be a little young to put in for a Form 4 on a suppressor.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
21 is the legal age to own a pistol, silencer, automatic, sbr. obviously he curtailed this by having the pistol in someone else name when purchased. all he has to do is when he turns 21 is go to the sheriff's office and have it put in his name

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I did it with my wife to get my backup gun. I was 20 when I started. And, come to think of it, my Glock 22 and Beretta 92FS with my dad.

It's a shame, but it is technically a federal offense for the actual purchaser who signs and initials that the weapon is being purchased for themselves and not anyone else. Otherwise, it's considered a straw buy. A technicality, of course, and I would hate to meet the BATF agent who would enforce a straw buy within the family. I think there really should be an exception in the law for that (excluding felons, of course).

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
My sig p229 was bought this way

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
yeah, damn near everyone has done it. It's just a technicality. Basically, common sense dictates that if you're not doing anything shady by it like buying it for your felon of a cousin or something, you're likely fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts