ACR Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Mod Squad
1,892 Posts
67 pounds? What's in it? I gotta see this. It better not be that full gi 3 piece system. That'll be the culprit. Winter isn't anywhere close so you can get by with a summer sleep system. I get it, it's better to have it and not need it, but you're not going to get far very fast with that weight. Show us what ya got JP, we can suggest tossing it or a lighter alternative. Does the 67 pounds include water? You may need that.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
Ill post pics later today, desperately need help cuttings shiet down
but yeah, 3 piece USGI sleep system in there with Usmc one man tent, usgi poncho and woobie liner, Isomat, Usmc survival kit
3 MRE's
2 full water containers and one empty camelback
and a bunch of other crap
goal is to cut weight in half or more if possible

·
Mod Squad
1,892 Posts
Holy hell batman. You have a tent? I just grab 2 ponchos and put them together. One would do. A compact sleeping bag would do good. Nothing small about that gi sleep system. You've got a woobie, you can use that in a snugpak jungle Pak and be good. Some ponchos would be able to do what your tent can do for less weight.
I took my inflatable mat out of my bag and am just using a hammock. Lighter than a tent. Still need a poncho. You've got way too much bulk.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Warm clothes, wet weather gear, multiple field stripped MREs, spare loaded magazines, baby wipes, a blade of some sort, compass, water bottles, spare set of boots, 550 cord, multiple spare socks, spare underwear, a couple of spare shirts, pair of pants, fleece beanie, weapon cleaning rag, spare batteries to whatever electronic I use at the time, poncho, hatchet, woopie, 2-person tent (resting ontop of my Alice pack).

41 - 44 of 44 Posts