ACR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you guys put in your backpack when SHTF?SHTF can be anything from an invasion from both living and the dead and those from outer space if they exists or any natural disaster, nuclear war, mass chaos and panic, WROL etc.

·
Mod Squad
1,892 Posts
I had a really good internal frame pack. It keeps the way close to your body and on your hips. You sacrifice a little bit of room verses an external frame pack. Much more comfortable though. It's meant for backpacking. If s h t. F so light backpacking stuff would be good.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
I'm a fan of anything from camelbak, like the motherload pack. I used a camelbak pack during my patrols that needed a pack and it performed flawlessly. The TAD pack with rifle sling is awesome as well, but pricey. I can't remember what it was called though.

Sent from my DROID X2

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'm a fan of anything from camelbak, like the motherload pack. I used a camelbak pack during my patrols that needed a pack and it performed flawlessly. The TAD pack with rifle sling is awesome as well, but pricey. I can't remember what it was called though.

Sent from my DROID X2
SHTF you're gonna want the ability to carry the water as well.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
...maybe you didn't read my post. My camelbak pack supported me on 24-72 hour missions in 145° afghan weather

Sent from my DROID X2

·
Registered
610 Posts
I have tried all sorts of packs. Eberlestock, Kifaru, MR, Kelty, MH and Camelbak.

I have come to realize that I don't like frames, huge bulk or big waist straps. So for me it Camelbak for the win. They are extremely comfortable, durable, quiet, lightweight, great storage, not bulky, hydration friendly and more. I have 2 packs from them now and sold off all the other maker's packs.
The HAWG and the Talon.
I use the HAWG as a scout type bag and the Talon as BOB. The trick is too keep it as light weight as possible. There is not much info out there about the Talon but it is amazing, like a modified for the better Linchpin and the HAWG is like a small version of the Motherload.

Talon:
Front small pouch-
-Fallkniven F1
-Brunton 8040G
-Pill bottle size Nalgene Stuffed with Vaseline soaked cotton balls
-100' of snare wire
-2 Mainstay 3600's
-Long Spoon
-Leatherman Wave
-Armageddon GobSpark
-10 Nylon Ties
-Whistle
-Signal Mirror
-3 sets of ear plugs
-USB cable
-Mylar Blanket
-Emergency Poncho
-Bandana
-30 Micro Pure Tablets
-1 Gallon Ziplock
-Small Rag

Right side pouch-
-32oz Nalgene bottle in GSI Stainless Steel cup
-Med Kit

Top pouch-
-Mech Gloves
-Surefire E2DL
-Princeton Tech Head Lamp
-Firestorm CL1
-OR Ninjaclava

Main pouch-
-TP
-200' Paracord
-MSR mini stove and fuel
-Caribeaner
-Recon 3 Sleeping Bag
-Spare socks
-Spare Batteries
-Katedyn Pocket

Left side pouch-
-6 PMags
-4 G19 Mags
-Otis Cleaning Kit
-Slip 2000 Ewl
-Spare weapons parts

Back pouch-
-100oz Bladder
-Maps
-2 1 Gallon Ziplocks

Grand total bag and all 21lbs. without water and there is still room to spare.

I'll come back later to this post with pics.
Feedback is always welcomed.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
You have a lot of shit in that bag, but you're missing two key items: baby wipes. Clean your ass, arm pits, face, crotch, feet. Baby powder/foot powder.

Sent from my DROID X2

·
Mod Squad
1,892 Posts
Keep your nu** dry and feet dry. Love the goldbond powder. Some ooh Ahh cooling in the heat. And it helps you not chafe. Hygiene is important. At least baby wipe yourself. Clogged pores will not let you perspire as well and you'll dehydrate. That's what the docs told us anything.

·
Registered
610 Posts
You have a lot of shit in that bag, but you're missing two key items: baby wipes. Clean your ass, arm pits, face, crotch, feet. Baby powder/foot powder.

Sent from my DROID X2
The majority are tiny weightless items. The real weight is the food and ammo. My HAWG assault pack can sustain me for 72 hours. The pack I listed is a BOB/INCH bag.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Keep your nu** dry and feet dry. Love the goldbond powder. Some ooh Ahh cooling in the heat. And it helps you not chafe. Hygiene is important. At least baby wipe yourself. Clogged pores will not let you perspire as well and you'll dehydrate. That's what the docs told us anything.
When the baby wipes run out what do you do? I took a 2 week survival class in Costa Rican jungles and the listed rag above should cover provided I can access a little water.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Jesus man, a big bag of baby wipes will last a LONG time

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
well, here's the deal, that rag will hold bacteria and dirt and eventually get moldy. Baby wipes don't have that issue. also, i recommend a microfiber rag and full size towel. they literally take up the space of a pair of socks

·
Registered
610 Posts
The rag is a microfiber and treated with aegis. Should have said that earlier. I have done ok with it in the past. This is not for 24-72hrs situations, more like I'm never coming home situations.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Tnx for the input fellas I'll be back with a list of what I have so far and some pictures when time permits I'll be looking into some of the bags you guys suggested as well

·
Registered
199 Posts
...maybe you didn't read my post. My camelbak pack supported me on 24-72 hour missions in 145° afghan weather
Because you put it that way, there's nothing in your post about that.

However, I was simply trying to agree with you, I may have worded it incorrectly.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I have an old woodland MOLLE assault pack aka the "Jansport" as my Bug out Bag right now. The desert digital Motherlode at Botach has been calling to me, though. I just bought a thermobak AB last year to replace my old MULE thinking I was past all the storage concerns. Realistically I probably am... probably should have went HAWG but never thought the Motherlode would be so affordable.

Camelbak Trizip looks really cool, too. Maybe if I take up hiking again. Is there a decent pack that works both with and without armor? Without armor, I'd be pretty damned fond of ILBE, but it blows with it. The new USMC Pack looks hot but probably be years before it's affordable.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts