ACR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
tankertrooper,
I missed why you are sending it back, What's going on...and I know exactly what you mean when you say separation anxiaty!
Happy New Year!

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I know what you mean. I remember going to the range with a Colt 6940 while my ACR was back at the mothership for the recall and looking at it saying; "Hmmmmm, just not the same, just not the same" Actually I haven't shot that 6940 since the ACR has been back home.

I assume you are sending for recall completion?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I did not like having mine out either. I am glad it is back and I hope it does not have any problems.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
tankertrooper,

Please be careful, mine slam fired with premium .223 ammo when loading a round from a magazine. Thankfully I was practicing good range safety, (we always should!!) and had the muzzle pointed at the back stop. Little scary when it does that. It was fine with 5.56 ammo which have harder primers.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tankertrooper,

Please be careful, mine slam fired with premium .223 ammo when loading a round from a magazine. Thankfully I was practicing good range safety, (we always should!!) and had the muzzle pointed at the back stop. Little scary when it does that. It was fine with 5.56 ammo which have harder primers.
Guess I could call and purchase the parts myself its olnly a spring and firing pin thats being switched out I think

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you're going to wait out the recall, then I would be extra careful doing anything with it until you get the parts to fix it on your own. If someone got injured due to a slamfire /burst and they find our you were notified to send it back for a recall, you could be found criminally negligent or worse depending on the DA, not to mention any civil lawsuits that might stem as a result of that type of incident.

·
Registered
279 Posts
If you're going to wait out the recall, then I would be extra careful doing anything with it until you get the parts to fix it on your own. If someone got injured due to a slamfire /burst and they find our you were notified to send it back for a recall, you could be found criminally negligent or worse depending on the DA, not to mention any civil lawsuits that might stem as a result of that type of incident.
sound advice

1 - 12 of 12 Posts