ACR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'd like to own one. Seams they have been gaining popularity lately more and more after market parts coming out... unlike another gun I've heard of...

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Wasn't the ATF proposing a ban on them again because they're not "sporting"?

·
Registered
795 Posts
I've heard the same thing about the ban and have seen the prices go from an average $600-$700 to about a $1k+.

Seing as how they are of the Kalashnikov design, they are exceptionally reliable. With a few adjustments they are just as modular as any weapon system out there, unlike many semi auto shotguns that are limited due to their recoil system that sit inside of the stock.

Travis Haley running his Saiga12

haley-saiga.jpg

·
Registered
28 Posts
I purchased one about 2 years ago for 400.00 bucks. Last time I took it to the range a guy offered me 1000 for it. I didn't sell it. He was ogling the Izmash stamps and Russian lettering.

Reliability is excellent when using high brass. Lower brass rounds require a break in period, a good magazine and possibly some gun work to cycle reliably. I could go to the range with my ACR and a SCAR and I would still get less attention than I do when I bust out the Saiga. I love that gun.

After initial conversion.

By jbw00d28 at 2010-08-07

Chaos Quad

By jbw00d28 at 2010-09-08

"Reliability Testing" Slugs Vs. Telephone Pole.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
28 Posts
I purchased one about 2 years ago for 400.00 bucks. Last time I took it to the range a guy offered me 1000 for it. I didn't sell it. He was ogling the Izmash stamps and Russian lettering.

Reliability is excellent when using high brass. Lower brass rounds require a break in period, a good magazine and possibly some gun work to cycle reliably. I could go to the range with my ACR and a SCAR and I would still get less attention than I do when I bust out the Saiga. I love that gun.

After initial conversion.

By jbw00d28 at 2010-08-07

Chaos Quad

By jbw00d28 at 2010-09-08

"Reliability Testing" Slugs Vs. Telephone Pole.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1 - 10 of 10 Posts