ACR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I know it has been a common complaint about the safety selector on the ACR. Did a search for it, and could not find anything on here. Just wanted to see what anyone did to there safety to make it more comfortable. I have a rash on my right trigger finger by the knuckle from it rubbing on it as I was shooting.

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I just bobbed it on the ejection side. It puts it out of the way of my trigger finger and it can still be used in a pinch from that side.

·
Mod Squad
1,892 Posts
I don't care much for it. I spent years using the m4/m16 left handed it became awkward to use an ambi type selector on my own ar and then the acr. Its like im training from scratch since I never had to use it the way it was designed. I would like to see different varieties to mix and match available one day. But id like alot of things.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was thinking of doing that. I just hate to eliminate the ambidextrous ability of the rifle. I'm sure someplace will make a replacement that is better soon enough.
Hello callmecolt.

i think you have probably heard a compagny called "battle arms development" with their BAD-ASS selector, right ?

because apparently theyre actually developing their new ambi-selector for the acr so... i think you should wait a little bit but it will be worth of the weight.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Hello callmecolt.

i think you have probably heard a compagny called "battle arms development" with their BAD-ASS selector, right ?

because apparently theyre actually developing their new ambi-selector for the acr so... i think you should wait a little bit but it will be worth of the weight.
Where did you hear that? That's awesome. I'd definitely be in.

·
Mod Squad
1,892 Posts
Nice I should have gotten that for my ar but got some cheap one my store had in stock and the levers don't sit parallel. Harder to use and they cheapen the look. If this company develops something it'll have a few different combinations of levers to interchange I would think.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Read about the issue, but never really had a problem with it myself. Thought I'm not wrong-handed, I still enjoy most of the ambidextrous features far more than I thought I would. Greaty ergos on this thing!

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Battle Arms Development is supposedly working on metal selectors for the ACR...

·
Registered
1,273 Posts

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Battle Arms Development is supposedly working on metal selectors for the ACR...
Now that'd be something.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Yeah, the email they sent replying to my suggestion said it was the next project. I am hoping for 45 degree and matching Coyote Brown

1 - 20 of 30 Posts