ACR Forum banner

Rit dye to match my Airsoft Lower to my coyote brown handguard?

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  dpchief117 
#1 ·
So I modified a real ACR handguard to go onto my toy.... I mean replica. Oh, and sorry for the blasphemy ahead of time.

For reference, the upper has been Cerakoted burnt bronze, I hope the lighting isn't too bad.
Air gun Trigger Machine gun Wood Gun barrel

Camouflage Military camouflage Wood Toy Art

I had to Dremel the front contacts on the handguard as the MSK handguard latches on the front are too small (as people who've done vice-versa can attest to). Also, I had to change out the takedown pin to a smaller one as well, but I had a spare lying around and it wasn't really a problem. A Bit of a tight fit, but it serves it's purpose well.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Automotive exterior Wheel

Oh, and if anyone's wondering why I didn't just use the polymer handguard from the factory, I did for about a year, but it also has that ugly "Front Sight Post guard" that looks hideous to me, especially because the MSK has the full monolithic rail whereas the PTS one had the flip up sight built into the receiver. Also, I'm insane, send help.

Anywho, I have only recently discovered the magic of rit dye, and I'd prefer not to paint anything, but I was wondering what color I should start with to try and match my lower/stock to match the handguard. I do have some of the airsoft pmags it came with that come from the same factory and are a match with the airsoft parts to practice on, but I'm not sure where to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.