ACR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my acr a few weeks ago. runs american eagle and rem umc like a champ, but I tried some 62 grain wolf( polymer coated case) and it pulls the hull half way out of the chamber :mad:. Its like the extracter is slipping off the case. because the bolt comes back and tries to chamber another round causing a jam. Anybody else tried to run wolf through their acr?

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Re: has problem extracting wolf ammo

Wow, I would be very shocked if the ACR has problem running Wolf or any of the Russian ammo. It sounds as though something may be a little off spec. Do you have the gas setting on suppressed? Russian ammo is run softer and a lower gas setting may not cause it to extract properly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Its on unsuppressed. the bolt does come all the way back because it picks up another round. but the spent hull is sticking half way out of the chamber. I've only tried it twice and got the same result.
I've shot quite a bit of 55gr. umc and american eagle with out any issues.

·
Registered
27 Posts

I fired about 100 rds thru mine @ two weeks ago. 62gr. Wolf, the only thing I noticed diff from brass cased ammo was the shell deflector took a beating. The wolf ammo was pretty accurate too. Really like S&B 55gr. And Black Hills 75gr. HP. Can't find a load it doesn't shoot well. I would either send it in or just shoot brass ammo.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I want to mark this one as resolved. I had time today to do a little shooting so I dug through my ammo stash and found some more boxes of wolf with a different lot number. It ran through it with out any hang ups. the first box I had must of been out of spec. I was too quick to blame the gun.Its a fine weapon.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
That was actually going to be my next question: Did you try a different lot number. Wolf has been known to be questionable on the QA side of the house, if they even have that side to begin with. :))

Glad to hear things are good to go and it was NOT a problem with the rifle or the platform.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
out of 14 boxes only one had the lot # with the defective ammo ::). I've had this ammo for over a year. I bought it for a AR I had. It probaly won't be my first choice of ammo as the price of brass ammo is about the same. any way thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was shooting 55gr Monarch ammo thru my brand spanking new enhanced ACR. Monarch is basically Russian ammo (possibly Wolf so I was told) that Academy stores sell for about $4.99 for a box of 20 rds. That ammo effectively turned my ACR into a single shot bolt action rifle; it seemed like it was short stroking it and the bolt wasn't coming all the way to the rear. The spent case would eject but it wouldn't chamber the next round. My Bushy XM-15E2S eats this stuff up with no problem so when I shot my new ACR and started having problems with it from the very first trigger pull I got pissed. Yes the gas piston was set for unsurpressed fire so that wasn't the issue. After about 20 rds using my ACR as a bolt action rifle, :'( I bought 100 rds of Federal 55gr ammo from the range store and hoped better quality ammo would work. My ACR ate the Federal ammo up in no time without a hiccup so my feelings about the rifle changed. I guess I'll have to buy better quality ammo for my ACR and leave the cheaper Monarch stuff for my AR. What gets me though is some here say they're ACRs eat up the cheaper ammo while others like mine have problems; what's up with that? Is it a QC problem at Bushy or just a case ofa bad lot of ammo I bought. Either way I love my ACR but will only put better quality ammo thru it from now on.

·
Registered
24 Posts
After my rifle was repaired, I shot 2 boxes of Monarch without any problems. I just never use Wolf ammo, by choice.

·
Premium Member
4,707 Posts
i dont like shooting wolf, but my rifle had no problems with it, the only problems ive ever had was when he fired it with the stock folded, ive never had problems when i fired wolf through it with the stock folded though

1 - 10 of 10 Posts