ACR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my basic black ACR. Dismounted and remounted barrel assy. Barrel locking assy doesn't torque down the barrel enough if lever is in the position it needs to be in to facilitate handguard installation. Significant barrel movement. Proper torque can be applied to stop barrel movement, but lever is now blocking handguards. Sent complete upper assy to bushmaster. I'm pissed.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Re: Anyone having problems yet?

Sorry to hear that, very disapointing. Well its no surprise that with every new product there will always be issues with the first batch. This is why I dont like to be one of the first for these kinds of things, I'll let the price drop and let the issues work them selves out before buying one. Let us know how it goes and how bushy customer service treats you.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts

First to buy first to cry I always say. With any new product, you will always have problems. I never buy a car that is completely brand new, until the second generation for that very reason. The bugs take a little time to work out. Plus there are enhancements and refinements made to it.

·
Registered
9 Posts

OMD was having similar problems with the barrel on his ACR....did you guys read his full 11 page review ?
his barrel was loose and causing accuracy issues....I believe he ended up using a mallet to pound the barrel past the 6 o'clock position to lock it in place...Not sure if that caused problems with the hand guards

btw OMD full ACR review

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=28&t=187779

·
Premium Member
325 Posts

yeah real nice of omd posting the review of the ACR on AR15.com and NOT the ACR Forum ???

·
Registered
1 Posts

Is there any information on how many ACRs have this issue? I am wondering if the problem was corrected at a certain point in the production run. Mine has a serial number just over 350 and I have not yet had time to tear it down. Will I likely encounter this problem when I finally get time to spend some time with my ACR?

Serf

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I sent in my upper receiver last wed FedEx 2 day and I have not received a call, email, or any sort of correspondence. I am extremely dissappointed. This was my fear with bushmaster at the reigns. I feel that they just wanted my money.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Update: Just got off the phone with Tom at bushy sales. Let's just say I need to retract all dismayed comments. Barrel issues have been addressed and rifle is in gunsmith. They have explained that the spacer behind barrel locking nut Is the issue. I'm not sure if this is an issue for those of you who will not remove bbl assembly, but it was the first thing I did upon inspection. My serial is mid 700's so that's alot of ACRs out there. I'm now totally satisfied that this problem will b solved for me as well as any others that may have same issue. I'm happy and I don't even have it back. Why?, you may ask. I say Folder! Mutha F'n Folder!! That's why! Go to your ACR and take off that barrel! Good luck, and I'll update when totally resolved and back in hand.

·
Registered
49 Posts

Thanks for the update, its good to hear bushi has addressed the issue. I wonder whats the highest serial number affected by this?

·
Registered
9 Posts

glad too hear BM is stepping up doing the right thing...hope you get it back quick and problem free

·
Premium Member
325 Posts

[quote author=ACRinfidel link=topic=67.msg374#msg374 date=1271797208]
Update: Just got off the phone with Tom at bushy sales. Let's just say I need to retract all dismayed comments. Barrel issues have been addressed and rifle is in gunsmith. They have explained that the spacer behind barrel locking nut Is the issue. I'm not sure if this is an issue for those of you who will not remove bbl assembly, but it was the first thing I did upon inspection. My serial is mid 700's so that's alot of ACRs out there. I'm now totally satisfied that this problem will b solved for me as well as any others that may have same issue. I'm happy and I don't even have it back. Why?, you may ask. I say Folder! Mutha F'n Folder!! That's why! Go to your ACR and take off that barrel! Good luck, and I'll update when totally resolved and back in hand.
[/quote]

I assumed you sent it to Bushmaster, no? If so, do you have to have it transferred back to you through an FFL or can they ship it to you directly?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Went to BM through my FFL. If u call BM they'll issue an ra# and you can send it FedEx on their dime. Once it's fixed it can ship back to your residence. I just use the gun store, it gives me an excuse to go there. I got it back today and barrel shim was defective. Removes and reinstalls nicely. I'll shoot it alot this weekend. More to come.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm having the same issue. I dismounted the barrel and when I put it back on it doesn't get tight until the wrench goes past the 6 oclock pos(rubs handguard). I called BM and they told me they could resolve the issue under the warranty if I send the upper in to them and they emailed me a prepaid fedex label. So far their cust service has been good. also my serial # is in the upper 500's.

·
Registered
2 Posts
First time I took mine out, I ran a couple mags through it with no problems. Near the end of the 3rd mag, the hammer would follow the bolt carrier forward without catching the sear. It would shoot and strip a round from the mag, but I'd have to pull the charging handle back slightly to reset the hammer. I didn't bother to call Bushy, I just swapped the HTS out with an extra AR15 HTS I had in the spares box, problem solved. Now, it has around 500 rounds down the tube without another problem.

·
Registered
88 Posts

[quote author=ACRinfidel link=topic=67.msg374#msg374 date=1271797208]
[/quote]

so is it a recall thing?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts