ACR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the differences between the Remington and Bushmaster ACR's? The only one I'm aware of is that Remington will be handling the military contracts (though I hear of them being available to civvies).

I better not hear that the Remingtons have forged receivers, though.

JCF

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
They have been reported to be the same, but no one has seen a production Remmy version. I'm starting to wounder if maybe we BFI owners are helping field test the "A" version and the Remmy version could be all the fixes they come up with. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
They have been reported to be the same, but no one has seen a production Remmy version. I'm starting to wounder if maybe we BFI owners are helping field test the "A" version and the Remmy version could be all the fixes they come up with. Just a thought.
Then we should all expect a coupon for a new one because we (BACR owners) seem to keep finding all the issues.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Then we should all expect a coupon for a new one because we (BACR owners) seem to keep finding all the issues.
+1, kinda like getting the video game that you beta testing free in the old days.

I like the way you think!! ;)

·
Mod Squad
4,526 Posts
I got to handle two here in Afghanistan and they were both 10" Remi ACR's. Both had AAC cans, and one had a T1 (low mounted?!?!) and the other an ACOG.

They balanced awesomely and had the nicer Remi rails.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I got to handle two here in Afghanistan and they were both 10" Remi ACR's. Both had AAC cans, and one had a T1 (low mounted?!?!) and the other an ACOG.

They balanced awesomely and had the nicer Remi rails.
I am so jealous right now. Did the different lower seem to make much of a difference? Or were there any other differences?

·
Mod Squad
4,526 Posts
No need. They're not mine, and I didn't even shoot them. Just fondled them lovingly. Like I said, the 10" versions balanced beautifully.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Same crappy selector switch - except for that one extra selection would be a nice option....

·
Registered
610 Posts
Just fondling them must have been sweet:eek:.

By the way does anyone here watch the FPSRussia channel on youtube? He has an ACR with the Remi rail system. He will not share how he got it.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Too bad they didn't have the metal lower. Ah, the happy switch... damn you Hughes Amendment and NFA!

Still pretty cool!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Too bad they didn't have the metal lower. Ah, the happy switch... damn you Hughes Amendment and NFA!

Still pretty cool!
I too thought the Remy models would have come with the aluminum lower...

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Yeah, very surprised that it didn't have the different lower. That T-1 is set WAY low. I've never tried using one quite like that, but it seems like it would be awkward. Not that I wouldn't be MORE than happy to give it a go. :)

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I'm more surprised that neither one is running BUIS just the optics. Were these used "in anger?"

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Yep, I think the BM run of ACR's is being used as a sort of test bed for future production tweaking and engineering. We've already seen changes in components; gas regulator, firing pin and spring all come to mind and there might be smaller and more subtler variations in production or machining. It's not a big deal to me since refinements are a natural evolution of any product. Hell, just not so many years ago we had a TCTO come down with new inspections and parts for the M16 and M4 and how long have those been out?

As for differences in Remmy and BM, well, you have to remember that the parts that make up each ACR are being made by the same people. The metal lower that is seen in Remmy pics is, and this is just a guess, but one of two or three that are in existence. Probably still a test article or demo model to show a potential customer it is possible should they have misgivings about plastic. Has anyone caught on that Remmy also has a metal stock in the works too? Check Remmy's ACR page, you'll see it listed.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts