ACR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Forum Vassal
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More great pics taken by SMGlee at SHOT. Good stuff

I personally feel no envy for the remington ACR like some do, but it would be nice to see their continued developments appear on the Bushmaster model

·
Registered
7 Posts
Personally I don't care for the Remington hand guard. The grenade launcher looks nice. Cool picks. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I want one of those........and one of those........and one of those.......etc etc. I think eventually we will see some of the remmy parts make it's way out here into the general publics hands.

Very nice pictures, Mr. Lee does good work.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is Remington changing the basic design?? Like different upper, or BC or anything significant like that? I am having a lot of trouble understanding the Bushmaster/Remington relationship. Are they diverging the ACR design, and we're going to end up with two different rifles? I gotta believe they are making these rifles at one location... Aren't they?

·
Super Moderator
4,707 Posts
i think they are all made on the same line, but the new remington acr is lightweight i guess, its supposed to be about a pound lighter, i really would like to upgrade mine to lightweight spec if they offered it (even if i had to pay), hell i'd actually send it in, and they could throw in the new firing pin while they were at it

·
Registered
18 Posts
I believe eventually this gun will get down to just under 7 lbs. With the new Beretta supposedly coming in around 6.5 lbs this is a important development in the rifle's life cycle. You best believe there will be revisions for this rifle. Nothing to get upset about its how the industry works. Early adopters pay for having guns in hand.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Where are they saving weight? Must be a new barrel contour, right. Where else they save weight? Lighter bolt carrier?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Where are they saving weight? Must be a new barrel contour, right. Where else they save weight? Lighter bolt carrier?
Besides the barrel being shorter and slimmer and the handguard being skeletonized, in another thread speculation was that the upper and lower are magnesium and trunnion is titanium (maybe internal bolt carrier rails too?).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts