ACR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that there is some minor damage to the receiver at the rear of the charging handle slot on my ACR enhanced. I would post a picture but don't know how.

Again, it is very minor but a little disconcerting. I can pull the charging handle back far enough to cause it to 'crash' into this very spot, but I am more concerned that it could be doing it during normal cycling while shooting.

Anyone else seeing the same thing?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
You'll probably also see the damage from where the charging handle latch "grabs" the vent just forward of the handle too. Mine has it too, and to me, it's trivial since it doesn't hurt anything. It's non-reciprocating (sort of) so it's not slamming back and forth when you're firing. But, and there's always a but, on a rifle of this type (and price) it's something they should have fixed. Still, it doesn't bother me and it won't get to the point of it ever affecting the function of the rifle.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Mine has the same thing. Its just cosmetic so far. Doesn't effect function at all. Mine is mostly in the front of the charging handle slot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
After reading you concern with you rifle. I looked at my rifle, and it's doing the same thing that your's is. I don't think it's going to be a problem because it looks like it has stopped going any further.
When I sent my rifle in for the recall, I talked to a guy about it. I believe they are going to look at it. while it's there at Bushmaster, but I don't think there is really anything to worry about other than it unapealling to the eye :(.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Same here. It's deforming the aluminum at the front and the back of the handle's slot. I wonder how long the aluminum will handle the stress before it work hardens and a crack develops.
Considering the price, you'd think this would already have been worked out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.