ACR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I got together with a couple of buddies today from work. We all opted to carry patrol rifles on duty. They're all personally owned, but they're similar enough. One had a Bushmaster Carbon15, one had a S&W M&P15, and I, of course, had my ACR. I designed some courses to run through that I thought would be helpful. A note, they're both a little behind me in the patrol rifle game. Both had some beginner issues, which only made me happier that we got together, so I could help them out.

We started out by sighting them in. As I said, they were beginners on the patrol rifle. One had a surplus Aimpoint CompML2, and the other had a carry handle. I was using my new ACOG TA-31F-G, which I love. It was a lot of fun, and rather productive. We practiced deployment drills, move and shoot with different shooting positions, shooting from cover, malfunctions, pistol transitions, and tannerite (that was the grand finale).

No video, but we had some photos from the day. (sadly no one thought to film the 2lb tannerite) :(
GJ with his M&P15
IMG_1156-1.jpg IMG_1158-1.jpg
Kris with his Carbon15.
IMG_1160-1.jpg IMG_1161-1.jpg IMG_1163-1.jpg
Me and my ACR
IMG_1168-1.jpg IMG_1169-1.jpg IMG_1170-1.jpg
Just some fun to wrap up the day. GJ was fucking around quoting Lethal Weapon and it lead to this. I flubbed the last round on the mouth, so let's just say that he's mumbles from Dick Tracy or something. The dinosaurs were left there by someone else.
IMG_1171-1.jpg

I had no malfunctions, except for the simulated ones. My friends experienced some user error stuff (mag not seated properly), but that's it.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
These are some of the drills. I couldn't fit them on the first post.
Hands-On Transition Drill.jpg Move & Shoot Drill.jpg Pistol Transition Drill.jpg

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tuff break on the tannerite,when we were shooting the pack o punch video the first scene was me dumping $80 of 100 rnds of xm856 tactical tracer from c mag,it was a bust the film didnt show up in the video pad
We agreed that next range trip we would each spring for a bigger one and take turns. We put the T-Rex on top of the container before I shot it. We never found ol' Rex. :D

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Sounds like it was a fun day, thanks for sharing. Might try some of the drills you posted on my buds next time we messing around at the range.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like fun. I like the drills a lot. Is this your own property?
No we went to the same range where we qualify. We use the Wildlife League of Ohio County. It's about as wide open of an actual range as we have. But you can't block off a time, so we had other shooters come intermittently. That can put a damper on any move and shoot drill. I have a buddy who knows all the local farmers. If I could've gotten with him, we could've had the land strictly to ourselves with acres of space to work. Unfortunately this was kinda short notice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts