ACR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To those in the know:

Got done with my 1st day on the range with my brand new out of the box BACR.

Loved it. Sighted it in easily and moved to a different bench. Rocked about 200 total downrange.

So here's my issue. It doesn't seem like that big a deal, mechanically, and I hope you folks may have some insight.

I had several failures to fire. 1st I used immediate action, ejecting an unspent round, loading another. Worked. The next round went. Next I tried it after I switched to safe, then to fire. It fired. The next time I confirmed, and used the safety/switch-to-fire every time it failed to fire. I could feel the trigger group reset each time I went to safe.

Here's a twist. I brought a buddy along on this shoot. He's never fired anything in his life but an employee before yesterday. I asked him - and saw nothing to suggest otherwise - he had none of the failures I did. (If he had, he would have brought me into it.)

I feel I may have been holding/pulling triggers "wrong" but with a rifle like this, there ought be no such thing. I've owned and/or shot a lot of stuff before and never had anything like this happen. I'd like to know what you all think before I give BM a call.

Thanks in advance.

- Mike

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Hmmmmmm,

Asuming that you were holding the trigger after each shot, maybe your buddy was actually releasing the trigger upon firing and the hammer was reseting on the trigger instead of the disconnect. I can't see how, just throwing it out there.

Have you performed any dry fire function checks? Maybe the disconnect spring is messed up. Maybe there is a burr on the FCG that is causing an issue. I'm just throwing stuff out there for now. I can't really diagnose the problen unless I had the rifle in hand and could feel / hear what is going on.

Sorry couldn't be more help.

·
Super Moderator
4,707 Posts
what kind of ammo are you using? and did your unfired rounds have good primer strikes?

the rifle is made to shoot with the stock folded so if you are shouldering the stock even lightly it should fire every time

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cjt50: Functions all check out. I tried holding it after a shot, or releasing. Didn't seem to discriminate. I just got done cleaning it, and didn't see anything, but I'm not that skilled at looking at trigger groups. I know what a burr is, though, so I'll have a quick look.

My buddy jerked the trigger a lot. Even after I corrected him, he kind of went with it. But, I tried many variations of trigger pull; Low, high, pressure, jerk, textbook, finger all wrong, towards the end the issue seemed to clear up a bit, but I know it's still there. It doesn't seem to be the sort of thing that fixes itself.

Bigdog: most of what we shot was remington 55gr FMJ. I did think of it, but each round fired after I reset the safety, so I can't speak to the primer. I didn't think to eject the round and have a look, but the pin didn't throw anyway, the trigger wouldn't pull.

I will note that the least favorite part of my ACR is the safety, I might add. I will wait patiently for a righty-only metal safety.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"trigger wouldn't pull." Should have said that straight away.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
It could be just a new rifle with gummed up preservative in the trigger pack. If you feel up to it disassemble the trigger pack and clean it out, relube, reassemble and try it again.

It takes AR trigger parts so once again if you want to you can try and swap out the parts, or, send it in.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've seen a video on disassembly and it doesn't seem too complex. I'll check it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts