ACR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking about moving to WV.Up in the northern tip around morgan co area.how is WV as far as gun rights?

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i tried that number...........ummmm they werent to interested in real estate.as soon as i put my door back on the hinges and clear the cs out of my eyes hopefully he ll be back on then.:p

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I'm in the northern panhandle. Ohio County. I like it, but compared to other places I've gone... Well, I've never been to a Class 3 dealer in this state.

I had looked for the actual code, but I honestly haven't been able to find it. I'm gonna have to ask an assistant prosecutor to help me out. According to some 2nd amendment sites, WV is friendly to everything. BUT you cannot attach a can to a firearm. I know it doesn't make sense unless you want to own them and shoot then out of state. Again, I've yet to be able to confirm this.

There's a Cabelas in my county and 3 other store front FFLs that I can think of offhand. I recently found out that Hancock Co. has IDPA shoots and wants to add 3-gun. We have 2 ranges in my county and at least one in the other counties around me. Down state, you can just walk outside to anywhere 500 feet away from a residence (that's the law, anyway) and you're gtg. Plenty of unused real estate in south eastern WV.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I know the ATF guys that work up here. They're good people. I thought it was just a state thing, though. That means that there should be a code that I can refer to somewhere in that big green book in my trunk. Ch. 61, sec. 7 deals with deadly weapons, but I don't see a crime for attaching a suppressor to a firearm. This is where it should be logically.

Thanks anyway. Honestly, I don't go sniffing these guys out that's not my thing. If I happened upon one, I'd let it slide (assuming it's on a range), but if it's on a complaint, I'd have to refer it to the prosecutor because don't know the code to charge them if I had to.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok,so its gun friendly.do u need a permit to conceal?folding stocks and hicaps are legal?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Folding stocks and hi caps are legal. It's open-carry friendly, but concealment requires a permit.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok,thnx for the replies.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
WV - only if you want to get ass raped by some hill jack pig fucker

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

lol,its better than NJ,NY

·
Registered
1,273 Posts

You might be amazed at the extreme levels of diversity that we have here. There are people that live out in some counties that have no running water, plumbing, electricity. Nothing. They live in old ass trailers and have junked out cars everywhere on their property. Google: Jesco White or the Whites of West Virginia. I'm not proud of it, but it's funny.

I still claim Ohio as my home state, but WV isn't as bad as I thought.
Now, SQUEAL!! Wheeeee, Wheeeee!

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Johnny Knoxville made a documentary about the whites

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts