ACR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am new the forum and have a few questions prior to buying. I am looking at the Bushmaster ACR basic 223/5.56 Coyote. This will be my first weapon purchase so bear with me if I ask ignorant questions.

1. Is Bushmaster the only site I may purchase parts from?
2. I want to replace the polymer hand guard with the tri-rail, will this be an even swap size wise?
3. Where can I find the other size barrels?

Any other recommendations?

Thanks

Jonathan

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hi

I am new the forum and have a few questions prior to buying. I am looking at the Bushmaster ACR basic 223/5.56 Coyote. This will be my first weapon purchase so bear with me if I ask ignorant questions.

1. Is Bushmaster the only site I may purchase parts from? ​What parts are you looking for? Replacement of aftermarket? Replacement would be Bushmaster (for the most part) Aftermarket, there are a few vendors making parts accessories but not a lot. The gun never really "caught on" so aftermarket is pretty sparse.

2. I want to replace the polymer hand guard with the tri-rail, will this be an even swap size wise? Handguards are interchangeable. With that said not many choices available but I assume you are talking about the Bushmaster one. You could just buy the "enhanced" version of the rifle which comes with that railed handguard

3. Where can I find the other size barrels? Hahahahaha Okay sorry, not really funny. Your only option is a custom made barrel. There was a guy doing them on here but he seems to be missing in action from recent posts I have seen? There may be others but I'm kind of new to the forum so may not be aware of them? Bushmaster never produced the promised barrel options so your SOL there.

Thanks

Jonathan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for answering my questions. I'm sure they had FNG written all over them. lol
saw a while back that ACR "was" going to have other barrel lengths(maybe more proper wording?!?!) but they didn't actually come out with them.
When may I find a listing o aftermarket parts for the ACR?
I wanted to go with an ACR vs AR because o many people I see at the ranges I've gone to have ARs. I wanted something different and this rifle looks cooler!

·
Registered
108 Posts
saw a while back that ACR "was" going to have other barrel lengths(maybe more proper wording?!?!) but they didn't actually come out with them.
I think they have been saying that ever since the rifle came out (years ago). Barrel options coming soon! ...Not.

Not a whole lot of aftermarket stuff. I think there is 1 or 2 charging handle options. New triggers. Of course you can mount any type of sight/optic etc. Not anywhere near the aftermarket options as a AR.

In my opinion if you can get one for around $1500 or under (like I did during the recent price drop) it's a nice rifle. No way I would pay the normal $2200+ for it. Not that it's bad, just not worth that in my opinion especially with the almost non-existent aftermarket parts. You could build one hell of a custom AR for that price.

My biggest gripe is the lack of handguard options. I wish we could get the new Remington ACR handguard but it's not available to the public. That and the barrel is heavy making the rifle front end heavy. Sure you can have it re-profiled, cut etc. But now you are adding a lot of cost to a already expensive rifle. You are paying a weight penalty for have a quick change barrel yet have no options for swapping it so what's the point? I would much rather have a traditional barrel nut (like the Remington ACR) and do away with the extra weight of the quick change stuff.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No there aren't many options at all. Bushmaster is out of stock on the tri rail hand guard. Maybe Ill have better luck with gun expos. Im trying to talk to some of my special forces friends to see if they can get me anything. I want to keep with the Coyote brown theme, but this may be making the custom options even more impossible. I bought mine for just over 1500. I searched several sites looking at them and the site I finally settled with was by far the cheapest.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Hi

1. Is Bushmaster the only site I may purchase parts from?
2. I want to replace the polymer hand guard with the tri-rail, will this be an even swap size wise?
3. Where can I find the other size barrels?

Thanks

Jonathan
Tri rail is finally back in stock

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tri rail is finally back in stock

SWEET!! This will fit fine on the basic model?

Also, I got a chance to shoot it the other day using .223 rounds and the casing wouldnt eject. I had to charge each time. Is it because the round isn't powerful enough? Won't be able to shoot it again till Jan, maybe 5.56 is preferred.

·
Registered
911 Posts
SWEET!! This will fit fine on the basic model?

Also, I got a chance to shoot it the other day using .223 rounds and the casing wouldnt eject. I had to charge each time. Is it because the round isn't powerful enough? Won't be able to shoot it again till Jan, maybe 5.56 is preferred.
Yes the rail will fit the basic no problem...but your ACR should run any .223....somethings off...maybe break it down & clean / lube it etc....see what happens

1 - 13 of 13 Posts