·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because I receive my DD214 and begin my trek home

·
Mod Squad
1,892 Posts
That's the golden ticket out of the service. Congrats. It prettymuch shows all you have accomplished in the military.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a big middle finger to all of the SNCO's cause they hate you. not because you are moving on with your life, but because they are retarded and stayed in and now they feel stuck. Which, if I was a SNCO, i'd ride it out too and collect my pension. But for me, another 16 years here...hell no

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
what rank and how old r u?

·
Super Moderator
4,707 Posts
16 years? You do 4 and out? I have 12 if I go back in to the army. we do 20 and you can retire any time after that

And congrats, my dd214 is locked up on my ako .mil email address, bastards wouldn't even send me a hard copy...

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no, im saying i have to do another 16 to retire. and i am 26. i am a corporal. i went to college first

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
no, im saying i have to do another 16 to retire. and i am 26. i am a corporal. i went to college first
Ok,just curious.Congrats and good luck in your new venture.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
im gonna rob beer and wine stores and live off what i steal

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you don't have a piece of paper with DD214 at the bottom, then they still own your ass. boot.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Congrats, Tommy. Get home safely. Thank you for your service. What are your plans for civilian life?

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
He is already taken care of

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
16 years? You do 4 and out? I have 12 if I go back in to the army. we do 20 and you can retire any time after that

And congrats, my dd214 is locked up on my ako .mil email address, bastards wouldn't even send me a hard copy...
You didn't have to sign the official copy? That's when I got mine. But, get hold of your local county VA office, they can help you get a copy of it from St. Louis if memory serves correctly.

And congrats Tommy! If you pass through NE I'll buy the first round.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Congrats Tommy. Mine got all dicked up too. They gave me an extension on my contract that was shorter than my orders (reservist), I went from being on active duty one day and completely out of the Marine Corps and IRR the next a complete civilian and no one knew what the hell happened. They had to ask me politely to come in and give all their gear back after they realized that yelling at me didn't work anymore. I was originally planning on going right back in but I found out that they could have fixed it last minute but they wanted to teach me some kind of lesson, not to mention I would lose all time in rank and have to start fresh as a new Sgt. I gave them 3 combat tours while in college, 2 of which I didn't have to go on but we were so undermanned I did, and they decided to screw with me.

·
Super Moderator
4,707 Posts
You didn't have to sign the official copy? That's when I got mine. But, get hold of your local county VA office, they can help you get a copy of it from St. Louis if memory serves correctly.

And congrats Tommy! If you pass through NE I'll buy the first round.
no they dicked up everything royally... and sf is supposed to be high speed... my packet had just my pt test scores in it some random bs and nothing else, (including anything important) when i was getting out they told me 3 different dates too lol

i guess thats what happens when you go from reserves to national guard, nothing gets through where its supposed to

1 - 20 of 34 Posts