ACR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
If you are going to use the exsisting barrel, using a unit simular to the CMMG stuff should work. It's just a matter of getting it to fit in the ACR upper. You would have to make a new rail assembly. But with the proper tools and know how, it could be easily done. Just way beyond my capabilities.

But it could be done......

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Check the thread post by Lucke Lamm. He converted an Airsoft ACR into a .22lr.
And it's a thing of brilliance, I would buy one in a heart beat if it were available for purchase. (the price of center fire ammo is killing me :) )

·
Mod Squad
4,526 Posts
I am HELL BENT on converting an airsoft to a .22lr. I got plans and scheme's in me head.

All I'll say is hopefully my boy will be speechless at the variety of .22's he'll get to practice on.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
Anything is possible given enough money. I think the project you are suggesting could be done. Research and documentation will be your new friends if you go down this road. Good luck

Mike

·
Registered
299 Posts
been thinking along these lines too really motovated since the airsoft thread appeared ! been looking at the CMMG evolution M4 profile barrel , wanting GEN 4 CMMG mags with the replaceable feed lips, also considering Black Dogs GEN 3 3 mags thinkin maybe a billet aluminum bolt carrier ..........

·
Mod Squad
4,526 Posts
Lucke Lamm (the guy who did the ACR conversion) said the CMMG barrel wouldn't work as it comes back too far. Being where I am, I have no way of verifying this or seeing what can be done to still utilize it as it seems almost perfect. Still, I am exploring other options.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Short answer yes.

Long answer contains a but. . . .

I've been tinkering with a design, and I 'think' its pretty sound, but a lack of time, access to a machine shop, and a rifle to test a prototype in are hindering my progress.

·
Mod Squad
4,526 Posts
When I come home on leave in Christmas, I will buy a host, and start tinkering from there.

Like you I have no access to a machine shop so I may need to bug somebody who does (coughryan, cough.)

I don't think I'll need much, but you know how that goes...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts