ACR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up a dual charging handle assy and when trying to install it, It would not clear the lug on the inside of the upper?
Here's a photo of the rear of both charging handle assy (mine and the new one) am I missing something? My ACR is a bushmaster
made in windham I don't know when but can provide the serial number if needed. My original is on the right in the attached photo.

Thank you!

ACRCH.jpg

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I apologize if I'm not understanding, but you're putting the new charging slide assembly in from the back, correct? The new design slides in from the back not from the front the way the old assemblies did. I have two old, original Windham, Maine ACRs and I upgraded them both with the new assemblies, so I can confirm that it absolutely does work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow.....I feel like a complete idiot now. There were no instructions included with the parts so I ASSUMED it went in the same way......only made an ass out of me though it appears

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Hey no worries, you'd have no reason to expect it to be different. Glad you got it working and happy shooting!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts