ACR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been an ACR enthusiast for a long time and was finally able to buy a brand new one earlier this year! It is a 2018 model so it comes with 1x7 twist 16.5" barrel. It is an AMAZING rifle, and I am so glad I was able to buy one before they were all sold out.
I have added a few things to it: a Sig Sauer Romeo 7 Red Dot Sight, Magpul RVG, and some Magpul XTM Enhanced Rail Panels on the bottom rail. I do have some additional Magpul XT Rail Panels on order to add to the side rails, as well as a Geissele Super ACR trigger! I can't wait for those parts to arrive.
It has become my favorite firearm, it's such a pleasure to shoot, and just looks badass.

I also have 2 New Bushmaster DMR conversion kits. I will most likely sell one if anyone is interested. I will post more info and pics of that a little later.

Machine gun Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

Air gun Machine gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I would like to add that as well, but I am debating with myself if it's worth the ~$200 :confused:.. I mean I know it's a more convenient feature to have the charging handle on both sides but for me, it is already really comfortable and natural using the charging handle on its left side. I honestly don't know if I would ever even use if it was also on the right side.

· Registered
304 Posts
I believe some of the barrel work done by Bigdog_2003 and some of the newer factory barrels require the newer ambi charging handle. Please correct me if I’m wrong but I thought there was a bigger reason to have the ambi CH then just itself.

· Super Moderator
594 Posts
I think the new charging handle assembly is necessary for some of the caliber conversion kits.

Also, I think the new assembly prevents peening damage to the charging handle slot from too many bolt releases, but I can't dig up any support for that claim.

· Registered
564 Posts
Also, I think the new assembly prevents peening damage to the charging handle slot from too many bolt releases, but I can't dig up any support for that claim.
It stops peening the front of the slot, yay, we won! Now, it peens the rear of the slot, derp, maybe not.

· Registered
1,051 Posts
I read that the new charging handle assembly is more robust. It certainly seems like there are far fewer small parts. Why that was necessary for the 6.8 I do not know. I went ahead and added it to both of my older (Windham Maine built) ACRs just to be on the safe side.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did not know there might be an additional benefit(s) to having the ambi charging handle. I am going to try to do some research to see if there really is, because if there is then yeah I would probably want to invest in buying one. I'm curious if anyone has ever had an issue with the regular one sided handle though??..

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ACR DMR Conversion Kit! Here's the info on it in case anyone is interested in buying it (Pictures Included!):

Bushmaster ACR 18.5" Conversion Barrel - Bushmaster Part #: 91750
Bushmaster ACR Precision Rifle Stock (PRS) - Bushmaster Part #: 92980
Magpul PMAG 20 Gen M3 (originally included with a new ACR DMR)
(EXTRA) Factory ACR MBUS Front Sight in Brown (no rear sight)

All parts are new in original packaging. Barrel packaging is well sealed, and I do not want to break the seal just to take a picture of it. I would rather let the buyer have the pleasure of opening it so he/she can feel confident that it has never been used or even mounted.

I would have posted this in the FS section but I guess I need more posts in order to make a thread there. And I don't want to spam posts just to reach that goal. But I still would rather offer this to a fellow ACR forum member first before I post it on gunbroker and other places. If a moderator wants me to wait to post more then that's fine as well.

Price: $800 for the complete kit Shipped to anywhere in the lower 48 states.

Let me know if you're interested

Rectangle Font Sleeve Brand Eyelash

Brown Rectangle Wood Font Beige

Rectangle Wood Font Pattern Hardwood

Material property Font Rectangle Transparency Auto part

Shipping box Plant Rectangle Wood Packaging and labeling

Bag Khaki Beige Wood Automotive exterior

Gun accessory Composite material Starting pistol Auto part

· Registered
33 Posts
Wasn't the ambi charging handle assembly developed because the 6.8 round damaged the original design? I don't know if that's true but it would at least give some insight into why the 6.8 conversions took so long. It's a lot better reason than 'we just don't give a flip' which is probably just as likely to be true.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.